Omada controller on Diebian 10.7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-09 13:49:18
Model: EAP225-Wall  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm stuck with those points that goes on infinitely:

root@debia-test:/home/debian/omada/Omada_SDN_Controller_v4.2.4_linux_x64# bash install.sh 

Omada Controller will be installed in [/opt/tplink/EAPController] (y/n): y
======================
Installation start ...
Install Omada Controller succeeded!
==========================
Omada Controller detects that you have backup previous setting before, will you import it (y/n): n
Omada Controller will start up with system boot. You can also control it by [/usr/bin/tpeap]. 
Starting Omada Controller. Please wait.Cannot find any VM in Java Home /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Dependencies:

ii  mongodb-database-tools           100.2.1                             amd64        mongodb-database-tools package provides tools for working with the MongoDB server: 
ii  mongodb-org                      4.4.2                               amd64        MongoDB open source document-oriented database system (metapackage)
ii  mongodb-org-database-tools-extra 4.4.2                               amd64        Extra MongoDB database tools
ii  mongodb-org-mongos               4.4.2                               amd64        MongoDB sharded cluster query router
ii  mongodb-org-server               4.4.2                               amd64        MongoDB database server
ii  mongodb-org-shell                4.4.2                               amd64        MongoDB shell client
ii  mongodb-org-tools                4.4.2                               amd64        MongoDB tools
ii  jsvc                             1.0.15-8                            amd64        Wrapper to launch Java applications as daemons
ii  openjdk-11-jre-headless:amd64    11.0.9.1+1-1~deb10u2                amd64        OpenJDK Java runtime, using Hotspot JIT (headless)

tpeap status: 
Omada Controller is not running.

What's wrong?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Omada controller on Diebian 10.7
2020-12-11 11:18:18

@tpentusiast , sorry I'm not familiar with Linux version, you may check if the related post helps,

Debian Omada Install Help https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/220656

Options
2020-12-11 13:59:35
Thank you for the reply, I've read that thread but it is really confusing.
Options
2020-12-13 04:06:17

@tpentusiast The controller requires Java version 8. You have a few options. Firstly, make sure you have Java 8 installed on your system. Google the specific package name for this. 

1. Change your global Java version to version 8 instead of 11. Adjust the symlinks in /etc/alternatives to do this. This may break other things on your system using Java so be cautious. 

2. Use a docker container or similar method to make a container whose Java version is 8. 

3. (What I did) Edit /opt/tplink/EAPController/bin/control.sh to the following instead and of what comes out of the install for these 2 lines. You'll have to do this same change each time you upgrade versions. 

JRE_HOME="/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre"
JAVA_TOOL="${JRE_HOME}/bin/java"

Options
2022-02-13 14:39:34

Hi. I was having the same problem, running Ubuntu Server 20.04.3 and the Omada Controller v5.0.30.

The startup script /etc/init.d/tpeap has this line:

JRE_HOME="$( readlink -f "$( which java )" | sed "s:bin/.*$::" )"

If you run that command in the bash script, you'll see which JRE version the startup script is trying to use:

echo $( readlink -f "$( which java )" | sed "s:bin/.*$::" )

/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/jre/

So in my case, both the java-11-openjdk-amd64 and java-8-openjdk-amd64 directories existed at /usr/lib/jvm/, but this line in the startup script was picking the java-11-openjdk-amd64 directory, hence the error.

Instead of modifying the start up script, I uninstalled the java-11-openjdk-amd64 package with the following command:

sudo apt remove openjdk-11-jre-headless

Make sure you've installed version 8 with:

sudo apt install openjdk-8-jre-headless

This command should now return the correct directory:

echo $( readlink -f "$( which java )" | sed "s:bin/.*$::" )

/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/

And the service should start now:

sudo service tpeap stop

sudo service tpeap start

sudo service tpeap status

Options
2022-03-15 18:28:26 - last edited 2022-03-15 18:29:12

Juanespty, You just fixed my problem. Thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 8885

Replies: 5