Omada block EAP with random password.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-20 00:55:58
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.20.0

There is big chance to block your devices by Omada with random password.

I am using Software controller Omada 4.2.4 and three EAP 225 and one EAP 225 outdoor.

I have migrated from Omada version 3 to version 4 and in version 4 I have updated firmware of EAP's to new one.

This steps is sufficient to block your EAP devices with random password.

Logic is very simple.

After setup Omada version 4 creates Device Account with RANDOM password (see photo) (According to manual it should be same with admin account password BUT IT IS NOT!)

Once the EAP being adopted, Device Account will be pushed to EAP device to replace the username and password of the device.

And all will work just fine until you reinstall software Omada Controller. Now you have 4 EAP's with unknown RANDOM Password.

Usually it is not a big problem. You just need to factory reset ALL your EAP's. There is even remote factory reset with button on POE injector.

BUT  EAP225-Outdoor does not support the Remote Reset feature. AND MY EAP225-Outdoor is on the roof. It is winter - ice and slippery.

So I dead stuck. no password and cannot reset until summer.

:-((((((((

Options
1 Reply
Re:Omada block EAP with random password.
2020-12-26 20:57:17

@Winer 

When you reinstall the controller, it expects new onboarding AP to have admin / admin. The device password only comes into play after AP has joined the controller.

So as long as you have the old device password noted, you should be able to use that to join the existing AP to the new controller. It will show AP failed to join and there is option to supply the username / password and it should work.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 727

Replies: 1