CPE510 - Speed Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CPE510 - Speed Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
CPE510 - Speed Issues
CPE510 - Speed Issues
2020-12-22 14:08:25 - last edited 2020-12-22 15:15:47
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Have two CPE510 connected to one another but speed (slowness) seems to be a major issue.

Now I know the Ethernet port is limited to 100 Mbps, so don't expect it to be above that, however the internet line is over 350 Mbps, yet only getting maximum 20 Mbps Up and about the same Down.

Not a limitation from the router, so unsure where the drop could be?

I've also tried to do an internal speedtest using the built in software in Pharos, however, it doesn't work and always says 'The operation timed out', regardless of if done on the AP or the Bridge.

For reference, distance between the two is about 375 - 450 Feet (125 - 150 Yards), I would think about 50+ Mbps would be reasonable, not 20 Mbps.

I came accross something on this forumn (from @R1D2) , where it's advised to turn off MAXtream off (already off) and also to change to Wireless 'n' only mode, which have done so, but still no changes.

Any thoughts or further guidance?

Options
1 Reply
Re:CPE510 - Speed Issues
2020-12-24 10:47:23

Dear @DoctorJakeRoof,

I've also tried to do an internal speedtest using the built in software in Pharos, however, it doesn't work and always says 'The operation timed out', regardless of if done on the AP or the Bridge.

Do you mean that one of the CPE510 is configured in Bridge mode?

Is that possible for you to change the CPE510 to Client mode for checking?

In Client mode, the CPE will transfer the wireless network into wired network. You may connect an AP or wireless router after the CPE_Client to share WiFi signal. The Bridge/Repeater mode usually has weaker signal than other modes since the CPE has directional antennas.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 732

Replies: 1

Related Articles