Hotspot Manager - Voucher and Local User time not accurate

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-30 08:08:15
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5

The timestamp for hotspot manager is off. It is not the same as the the timezone that is set in by the site or controller. My timezone should be UTC +8 but the time in vouchers are 8 hours late.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Hotspot Manager - Voucher and Local User time not accurate
2021-01-04 08:58:00

Dear @Jay-ar,

Sorry for the delayed response. 

Could you please upload some pictures to show us the problem?

Are you using Omada Software Controller or OC200? V4.2.8 or V3.2.10?

Is the Controller time showing correctly under Maintenance -> Controller Status?

If possible, please provide the backup file of your Omada Controller for checking. Thank you!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-01-04 10:05:17

@Fae

I am using Software Controller v4.2.8

Kindly check the screenshot and attached the backup file.

The timezone and the time controller status is correct but not the time in Vouchers and Local Users.

File:
eapc_backup(2021-01-04_17-57-13).cfgDownload
Options
2021-01-13 08:18:42

Dear @Jay-ar,

I am using Software Controller v4.2.8

Kindly check the screenshot and attached the backup file.

The timezone and the time controller status is correct but not the time in Vouchers and Local Users.

Sorry for my delayed response. I tried the backup file but failed to reproduce the problem.

From my test, the voucher time is exactly the same as the system time under Controller Status.

The local user shows the correct time zone as it's configured on the controller.

I attached the test results on my side for your reference. 

For your case, please ensure the PC is connected to the Internet and configured with the correct time zone.

And you could try disabling the Portal and re-enable it for checking, if necessary, reinstall the Controller or install it on a different PC.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-03-11 03:27:14

@Jay-ar Any update regarding this issue? I'm having the same issue with my voucher timestamp.

Options
2021-03-14 21:11:20
I experienced this delay in the hot spot voucher manager in an update released v2.4.11. An interesting scenario the hot spot manager for voucher windows shows 8 hours delay from the Insight > Past authentication menu window. I can say from my experience the correct time or the actual scenario where my voucher users can be seen from the Insight> Pass Authorization or authentication menu window. Similar screenshot from Item # 13 in this link post https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/255616
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1504

Replies: 5

Related Articles