Cannot log into Omada

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot log into Omada

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cannot log into Omada
Cannot log into Omada
2021-01-03 21:52:45 - last edited 2021-01-04 08:02:22
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi all

I have a TP-Link network switch and 3 connected EAP245 (V1) APs connected.  Everything is currently working as expected.  I had the Omada software loaded onto my desktop and was able to log into the view the status of the APs.  I had to reinstall Windows on my desktop so lost Omada.  Now I cannot log into Omada to check settings. 

I'm not techie so it's a bit of a learning curve.  When I used to enter the IP address I have on my old notes (https://192.168.0.6:8043/login), it times out. I have tried loading Omada onto my laptop instead and connect from there, but when I do that Omada starts a new setup wizard and create a new account with new password, etc. and I cannot see a screen to enter my previous login name and password.

Is there any steps someone can advise to get me going?  All I really want to do is add some time limits to one SSID so it is not available at set times during the day.

Thanks 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot log into Omada
2021-01-04 08:02:00 - last edited 2021-01-04 08:02:22

Dear @Arjay,

Did you back up the configuration and data of the Omada Controller under >Backup & Restore< before you reinstall Windows?

If not, I'm afraid that your EAPs are unable to be managed by the current Omada Controller anymore since it forgot the previous settings.

To manage the EAPs via Omada Controller again, you may need reset the EAPs and reconfigure them on the current Omada Controller.

The IP address you used to access the Controller page should be the IP address of your desktop that has Omada Controller installed.

I assume it's not 192.168.0.6 anymore, if you want to fix the IP to 192.168.0.6, you may configure static IP on the desktop instead.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-01-04 14:25:25

@Fae - I'm not sure if it was backed-up.  Do you know where (folder/site) the backup files would have been saved?

I fear I may need to start over again :(

Options
2021-01-04 18:01:45

@Arjay 

Hey

Usually the backup is taken manually and saved somewhere off the device (usb or network share)

By sound of it you may just have to reset and reconfigure the APs via a new SW Controller config.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 691

Replies: 3

Related Articles