How to add an Omada Gateway to the network with Controller v4.4.3 or above

How to add an Omada Gateway to the network with Controller v4.4.3 or above

51 Reply
Re:【FAQs Released】How to add an Omada Gateway to the network?
2021-02-02 21:12:19
wait a moment... an edit icon appeared under action... i was to slow i guess :)... ok lets continue with the following steps
Options
2021-02-02 21:45:00
Yeah, this isn't exactly an easy process. I'm sure there's even a better way to do this, like setting up a temporary controller, configuring it, then moving it to the docker. But it did work for me, so there's that.
Options
2021-02-02 21:53:43
Although I've achieved to manually set the IP range to my own network, adopting the router is still a pain in the neck, despite following the steps. So I give up, probably will send this back to the reseller. It is up to TP-Link to FAST DEVELOP a fix for this serious problem as it is a disgrace for releasing this hardware with such an obvious bug. I'm really disappointed, especially the reaction of the forum moderators telling their customers hoping that v5 will come soon. A comedy of errors to say the least. I want to thank you for at least comming up with some kind of sollution which may help others to adopt this router.
Options
2021-02-02 22:09:58
Yeah, sorry to hear that. They're putting out great hardware at great prices, but the software and support need to be up to snuff too.
Options
2021-02-08 18:33:07
I agree. It definitely needs a fix now. I was just waiting for the Gateway to come into stock before purchasing it together with some new Omada compatible switches. My Omada controller is running in a Docker container with a fixed IP address in the 192.168.8.x range Lucky I came across this thread otherwise I would have been pulling my hair out on how to adopt the Gateway
Options
2021-03-05 21:49:53

@Fae Well, these instructions to adopt a GW works for a while...

My GW have almost 27 days of uptime, today I noticed that Omada (SW-controller) is back to a loop trying to Adopt and Provision the GW..

Options
2021-03-15 01:02:26

@Fae I spent quite some hours trying to figure out why I couldn't get adoption to work. I eventually figured out that my device account had a space in it. Removing the space fixed the problem. It seems that my OC200 is more permissive about user names than my TL-R605, which means is continuously fails without giving a useful error. If I recall correctly the OC200 originally prompted me for my name and it wasn't clear it meant username.

Options
2021-03-15 01:28:36

@takahe The username for my account was "one word" without spaces. Adoption of the TL-R605 was from the start a problem simply because it has a fixed IP address of 192.168.0.1 and it could not talk to my subnet 172.16.x.x 

Problem is still there: LAN cannot be edited as described in the previous posts despite the last firmware update to 4.2.11 (1.7.4 Build 20210118 Rel. 72627).

Options
2021-03-19 08:56:07

@BFH Worked for me, thank you!

I was fighting this for a few days!

Options
2021-04-02 20:50:59

Was super happy with my Omada network untill my ISP dropped and when it came back up my R605 Gateway is no longer connected. So I

have been unable to get it to adopt using any of the above methoud. I guess I will be force to reset to factory . This is a really stupid oversight from the firmware develpers.

DO we have a estimate on when the fix might be out from anyone at TP-Link?

Options