OC200 Controller showing no stats or clients?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

OC200 Controller showing no stats or clients?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
18 Reply
Re:OC200 Controller showing no stats or clients?
2021-01-08 06:36:53 - last edited 2021-01-08 06:38:40

Dear @JonnieBeGood@Philbert,

Hi, I'm not onsite anymore but can access controller through cloud on my iPhone.

in OC200 settings it says Hardware Controller V.1.2.4. Build 20201120

the EAP225's were adopted into the controller after everything was factory reset including the controller. I set up controller first.

If I go to the EAP settings they say Hardware ver. 3.0.   Firmware 2.20.1.  Build 20200630

The OC200 V.1.2.4. Build 20201120 is actually the latest firmware for the non-SDN Controller version, bundle Omada Controller v3.2.14.

While the EAP firmware  2.20.1. Build 20200630 is only compatible with Omada SDN Controller v4.1.5 or above.

To manage the EAP properly with the Omada Controller, we need to ensure both the EAP firmware and Omada Controller version are compatible with each other.

For your case, you may upgrade the OC200 to the latest SDN version OC200(UN)_V1_1.7.3 Build 20201119 to solve the problem.

Here is a related FAQ for your reference. https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2904/

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-01-08 09:31:01

@Fae, @JonnieBeGood

Thanks Fae.. appreciated!

That would explain why it appeared to be showing the older v3 style interface.   You cannot update the SDN via the app, this needs to be done via the browser direct to the IP address, you will also reset your config once this is complete.  As fae mentioned the version you are running on the APs is only compatible with v4 of the SDN software.

Honestly I would recommend against using the app for admin on a daily basis, its grand for pulling stats when out and about - however there is a lot that cant be done via the mobile app, browser definitely recommended.

Best of luck

Options
2021-01-08 10:50:07

@Philbert @Fae 

Thanks again for your help and understanding with this.

I'm not a super technical IT engineer i'm afraid, (so simplify if poss 😊) just trying to set this up for a colleague, i thought it would be plug and play.

Bit annoyed that my supplier sold me the OC200 controller and the AP's together, so thought they should be compatible out of the box.

I would like to try and solve this remotely as the installation address is 2 hours drive away.

So from what i understand i need to upgrade the firmware version on the OC200 to 1.7.3, but i don't seem to be able to do this on the Iphone APP or via the Omada Controller login on my windows PC.

or i can downgrade the firmware version on the Access Points EAP225's to match the old existing firmware on the OC200, but again i don't seem to be able to do this on the iphone App or via the Omada Controller login on my windows PC.

So is there anyway i can solve this remotely without a site visit?

The only way i can log into the site internet system (BT Smart HUB) is into the OC200 controller.

TIA

Options
2021-01-08 11:57:27

@JonnieBeGood 

Hey

If you can enable Cloud Access you could get onto the controller that way using the Omada Cloud website portal   https://omada.tplinkcloud.com   -   however this will remove itself following the update to v4 (factory reset)

Would you be able to get connected to a PC in business / work and remote onto it to configure this?   something like Teamviewer or Quick Assist?

You cant downgrade the APs so you have to upgrade the Controller, thats your only option really and you need to be connected to the same network, remote desktop might save you a drive.    They are compatible out of the box in a matter of speaking, just missing updates to unlock all functionality :)

Options
2021-01-08 17:44:39

@Philbert 

When i was onsite yesterday and on the local network i did check the firmware on the OC200 was the latest version (via my iphone app) and it said 1.2.4 was the latest.

It didn't give me an option to download to 1.7.3

I did a factory reset on the controller but it didn't give me an option for Ver.4 either.

So can i only update to 1.7.3 (ver4) via my windows laptop onsite using the omada cloud portal login through a browser??

thanks again.

Options
Re:OC200 Controller showing no stats or clients?-Solution
2021-01-08 18:08:31 - last edited 2021-01-26 17:52:32

@JonnieBeGood 

You need to connect to the IP address of the device directly using a browser, you can then log into the portal from there.   If you can get access to a remote PC this might save you a trip, something like Teamviewer or Quick Assist.   As long as your can get onto a PC in the same network that should suffice

The auto update will only take you to the newest version of v3.. you need to manually download and update to v4..

Once on the controller you can update the firmware from the update section usng the file, here is a link to the download  

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/download/oc200/#Firmware

Go for this download below as it will update you to v4.  

Once this updates and reboots it will be reset, find the IP address again and connect to it via the browser.   Start the setup again and all should be good for you

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-01-26 17:57:28

@Philbert 

Thank you everyone for your help and advice on this, went back to site yesterday, logged into the IP address of the OC200 directly with my laptop.

Did the back up, then updated the firmware as recommended. Now all AP's are displaying client info perfectly as they should.

So all ok in the end, just a shame you can't do the update direct from the iphone Omada APP, either locally or via the cloud.

Options
2021-01-26 22:43:19

@JonnieBeGood 

Hey

Ah nice one, glad you got sorted in the end

Thanks for taking the time to come back and update us, we always appreciate it

Take care and have fun playing with the new version :)

Options