OC200 update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

OC200 update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
OC200 update
OC200 update
2021-01-19 13:36:06

Hi guys! Just converted from Unifi to Omada setup. Currently using OC200 as my hardware controller. I was wondering how do i upgrade the Omada Software or EAPs firmware? Cause when i try to upgrade it via the GUI, it said Cloud access disabled. So must i sign up for cloud access for it to be update or i have to do it manually? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:OC200 update
2021-01-19 23:48:57

@networkgeek21 

Hello and welcome!

You can do it either automatically or manually via the GUI.  Go to SETTINGS > MAINTENANCE and you should see a "check for updates" in there..  or upload a file to manually do this

However.. depending on how new your OC200 is you may be on the older v3 firmware.

When in MAINTENANCE check what controller version you are running, if its v3.x.x   you might want to update to v4.   This however is a manual update from the website as its a very large change and wipes the config (resets device), however I would recommend doing this.   Auto update will only update you to the latest version of v3 for safety at moment.  However check your APs support fot v4 (EAP225, 245, 265 etc will)

The latest version is 4.2.8 and if need more info on how to update check this posts i added about this recently

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/248034

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/247914?replyId=549562

UnAdopt any devices first, then do a backup of config if you need it.. best of luck and have fun!

Any hassle just drop me a message

Philbert

Options
2021-01-20 03:27:33

@Philbert 

Hi! Thanks for helping! My controller version is already 4.2.8. When I first setup, I did a manual upgrade. However, under maintenance, when I press check for upgrades, there will be a pop-out saying Cloud Access is not enabled. So my guess is that I have to enable cloud access for me to check for any updates through the GUI. So currently, I may have to do a manual upgrade of it. So I'm wondering whether is this a bug or it is deliberately function like this as TP-Link would want its users to link the Omada controller to its cloud network? Cause my concern is definitely data breach as you can seen from Unifi recent data breach. 

Options
2021-01-20 11:04:03

Dear @networkgeek21,

No worries, it is NOT a bug. 

Check for upgrade feature will need the Omada Controller to connect to the TP-Link cloud at first, then the firmware could be issued from the TP-Link cloud to the Omada devices accordingly. This actually provides a secure way to upgrade the Omada devices.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 824

Replies: 3

Related Articles