Hostnames and Pi-hole

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Hostnames and Pi-hole

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Hostnames and Pi-hole
Hostnames and Pi-hole
2021-01-23 17:54:49

I am using a TL-R605 as my DHCP server connected to my Omada software controller. 

I noticed after a few days my Pi-hole DNS servers seem to have quit resolving local hostnames. Any idea why this could be happening. I have set both of my Pi-holes to be the DNS servers given out via DHCP.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Hostnames and Pi-hole
2021-01-27 08:38:27

Dear @infinitytec,

I am using a TL-R605 as my DHCP server connected to my Omada software controller. 

I noticed after a few days my Pi-hole DNS servers seem to have quit resolving local hostnames.

Searched from the Internet, perhaps you may modify /etc/hosts on your Pi-hole machine, check the detail from the link below.

https://discourse.pi-hole.net/t/how-do-i-show-hostnames-instead-of-ip-addresses-in-the-dashboard/3530

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Hostnames and Pi-hole
2021-01-27 12:45:48

@Fae I'll try to give that a shot this evening. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1474

Replies: 2

Related Articles