Adoption using FQDN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Adoption using FQDN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Adoption using FQDN
Adoption using FQDN
2021-01-26 13:29:48

Hi all,

I have a few sites that I'm thinking of moving onto Omada, with hosting one controller at the central location. However, the WAN link used at the central location has a dynamic IP and therefore I would need to use a FQDN for the remote devices to ensure they always reach the controller.

I have been able to test using a few devices but only on a local lan, and the fqdn does resolve, but the controller IP on the device web interface shows the IP not domain. I assume the unit is using and resolving the domain continuously in the background?

Is this possible with the Omada range? 

Thanks in advance

Options
1 Reply
Re:Adoption using FQDN
2021-01-27 07:14:34

Dear @jamesg013,

I have been able to test using a few devices but only on a local lan, and the fqdn does resolve, but the controller IP on the device web interface shows the IP not domain.

May I know the version of your Omada Controller, v4.1.5 or v4.2.8?

For Omada Controller v4.2.8, you may go to Controller -- Access Config to specify Controller Hostname/IP.
If you have configured Port Forwarding on the controller side, use the domain address of the gateway for checking.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 533

Replies: 1

Related Articles