Omada log "detected Ping of Death" useless information

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-08 14:44:24
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20200930 Rel.36519

@development TP-LINK

The Omada SDN controller log's a warning which states that is has taken an action against a possible attack.

But it does not log which address is causing this attack. So, I am not able to take any action like blocking the sender.

The annoying fact is that it pollutes the log file. And that I have to clean up the log every time.

For now, I have disabled the attack defense options. But of course this is not the way to go.

I would like to see a fix for this ping logging

1. Show in the log which address is sending this ping package.
  2. The ability to add this address to a blocked senders list. After which this ping is not logged any more.
  3. The ability to select if this anomaly detection is logged as a warning or not.

TP-Link VPN Router detected Ping of Death attack and dropped 3 packets.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada log "detected Ping of Death" useless information
2021-02-08 20:45:21

@cmcouwenb 

Agreed. I get so many of these I am just starting to ignore them at this point.

Options
2021-02-09 12:19:21

@Natrodivdose 

I have the same on a 480

Options
2021-02-11 06:09:59

Dear @cmcouwenb,

@development TP-LINK

The Omada SDN controller log's a warning which states that is has taken an action against a possible attack.

But it does not log which address is causing this attack. So, I am not able to take any action like blocking the sender.

The annoying fact is that it pollutes the log file. And that I have to clean up the log every time.

For now, I have disabled the attack defense options. But of course this is not the way to go.

I would like to see a fix for this ping logging

1. Show in the log which address is sending this ping package.
  2. The ability to add this address to a blocked senders list. After which this ping is not logged any more.
  3. The ability to select if this anomaly detection is logged as a warning or not.

Thank you so much for your valued feedback. I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Your feedback and suggestion have been forwarded to the developer team for further evaluation.

Thank you for your support and trust on TP-Link products!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 1235

Replies: 3

Related Articles