TP-ER7206 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-ER7206 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP-ER7206 Router
TP-ER7206 Router
2021-02-09 21:40:29 - last edited 2021-02-11 07:06:03
Model: AC50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Dear all,

What should I change? The used memory of the router TP-ER7206 is increasing.

The router will reboot every weekend (this weekend in the night of 6th to 7th Feb) and also today I have reboot the router. I can't remeber I have changed a setting in the last two weeks. This looks strange for me. Has someone a suggestion? This in a house envorinment with two managed switches and three EAPs; everything of TP-Link Omada.

Options
7 Reply
Re:TP-ER7206 Router
2021-02-10 09:46:01

@BartD. 

Hey

A few of us reported this last month for the R605 router which is a very similar device.   It appears to slowly increase until the device is rebooted as you say

My screenie below shows the same until I rebooted it last night.   Hopefully its just a firmware bug and apologies at the moment I cant find the other post where this was mentioned.  If I find it I will add it later.

Options
2021-02-10 18:53:48

@BartD. 

Let me know if you have more information and preferably if you see a solution ;-)

Options
2021-02-20 21:11:11

@BartD. 

At 14th Feb 4:00 I have done the automated reboot and the memory drops (+/- 12%) and then within a week it increases to 40%. So I have to reboot every week( scheduled ;-))? TP-Link have you a solution? Or will this fixed in a firmware upgrade and if yes, when can I / we expected the firmware release?

Options
Usage memory TP-ER7206 Router
2021-05-03 16:35:27

@BartD. 

Dear ......

I have done an update when it came available. Now the usage of the memory is still increase (see print screen below). Looks like a previous issue. How can this be solved? Or can you give me a suggestion why this memory is increasing? I have no idea.

The drop in the graph at the 1ste May is after a reboot of the router.

Best Regards,

Bart Diepenbroek

Options
2021-05-07 10:19:59

Dear @BartD.,

BartD. wrote

I have done an update when it came available. Now the usage of the memory is still increase (see print screen below). Looks like a previous issue. How can this be solved? Or can you give me a suggestion why this memory is increasing? I have no idea.

Thank you for sharing all the detailed info.

Sorry to hear that you still have some trouble with the router. To assist you efficiently, I'd like to forward the case to the TP-Link support team for further investigation, who will contact you with your registered email address later.

Please pay attention to the email box for further follow-up. Thank you for your cooperation and patience!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-05-09 20:23:39

@Fae Thank you! I have contact with the support team. Best Regards, Bart

Options
2021-12-14 13:29:32

@BartD.

Dear all,

A few months I have seen no increase in the memory of the router. From the 26th November an increase is popping up. But why? Nothing has changed at the infrastructure at home, still working at home with four people (in total) via WiFi and LAN. Also nothing changed in the settings. Strange! Can somebody explain / try to explain this increase.

Best Regards,

Bart

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1398

Replies: 7

Related Articles