OC200 Controller going offline randomly lately?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-17 18:58:03
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 4.2.8

Since a couple of weeks ago, I noticed my OC 200 controller has been disconnecting from cloud access randomly at least once a day. The OC200 is plugged to a new TL-R605 router since about a month ago (TL-R600 before that). Is anyone else experiencing these kind of connection issues lately?

Thanks

Options
19 Reply
Re:OC200 Controller going offline randomly lately?
2021-02-19 06:01:38

Dear @rodegg,

Since a couple of weeks ago, I noticed my OC 200 controller has been disconnecting from cloud access randomly at least once a day. The OC200 is plugged to a new TL-R605 router since about a month ago (TL-R600 before that). Is anyone else experiencing these kind of connection issues lately?

You may check the cable connection between the OC200 and the Internet, ensure the cable is in good condition and PoE switch(if the OC200 is powered via PoE) is working well. If the OC200 is powered via USB port, ensure it doesn't suffer from a power shortage.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-02-21 03:35:10

@Fae cat6 cable and power looks good.I'm getting an alert on my phone (via omada app) saying controller offline usually immediately followed (1 minute max) by another alert saying controller online. 

The controller always remains accessible from the local network, so it seems like either the problem is on the tplink cloud service or the tl-r605 router.

Is there a way I can check for WAN going down on the tl-r605? Not sure how to access the logs. Could you help?

Thanks

Options
2021-02-22 08:04:06 - last edited 2021-02-22 08:42:15

Dear @rodegg,

Is there a way I can check for WAN going down on the tl-r605? Not sure how to access the logs. Could you help?

Edit: If the WAN goes down on the TL-R605, there will show a message in the Controller's Log page.

Besides, you can configure the Notifications to specify the notification as Event/Alert, and you can enable Email to notify you of this log.

To check the controller log, you may access the OC200 from the local network to export the Running Log to check more information.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-02-22 17:19:28
Thanks a lot for the info @fae. I looked at the logs and checked my WAN down alerts (they were on) I've never received a WAN down alert. Could this mean the problem is on the tplink cloud service?
Options
2021-02-22 21:42:02
I have the same issue with my OC200...once and a while it shows offline. I don't have the Omada router and switches, and am using a mini-pc with pfsense
Options
2021-02-23 06:58:57

Dear @Anjerlaan 

I have the same issue with my OC200...once and a while it shows offline. I don't have the Omada router and switches, and am using a mini-pc with pfsense

How often would the issue happen? How do you get the OC200 back online when the issue happens?

What's the current firmware version of your OC200? Can you recall the time when the OC200 last offline?

@rodegg @Anjerlaan If possible, please provide the MAC address and S/N of your OC200 (you can message me the info if you don't want to reply here). It would be better if you can tell the time when the OC200 is offline, I'll report this to the senior engineer for checking. Thank you for your cooperation!

Options
2021-03-02 15:52:02

@Fae I'd be happy to provide time details about this issue as soon as it happens again. It has not happened in over a week.

Options
2021-03-18 01:28:13

@rodegg 

I am also having this issue. Every few days my OC200 goes offline and I get a notification. In fact it happened just now, and then reconnected within 1-3 minutes.

My OC200 is powered by POE from a TP-Link POE switch. The cable connecting the two is about 4 inches long and seems to be fine.

My OC200 sits on top of the POE switch. Could this be causing the issue (due to heat from the switch causing the controller to shut down to to high temps?). Neither the switch nor the controller feel very hot at all.

I'll try to access and run the log.

Options
2021-03-18 01:31:40

@ShawnArk I'm convinced the disconnect from the cloud service is happening on the tplink side. It actually happened while replying to your post (first time in a week)

Options
2021-03-21 10:07:25

@Fae 

Fae wrote

Dear @Anjerlaan 

How often would the issue happen? How do you get the OC200 back online when the issue happens?

What's the current firmware version of your OC200? Can you recall the time when the OC200 last offline?

@rodegg @Anjerlaan If possible, please provide the MAC address and S/N of your OC200 (you can message me the info if you don't want to reply here). It would be better if you can tell the time when the OC200 is offline, I'll report this to the senior engineer for checking. Thank you for your cooperation!

If I have to make a week guesstimate, I would say 6 times Offline/Online a week.
Within 2 minutes the OC200 shows an "Online" notification again

Controller version: 4.2.11
Firmware OC200 v1.: 1.7.4 Build 20210118 Rel.72627

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6135

Replies: 19