Maintaining Full Stats with Omada

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Maintaining Full Stats with Omada

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
23 Reply
Re:Maintaining Full Stats with Omada
2021-03-26 01:29:46
Options
2021-03-26 01:31:15
Options
2021-03-26 01:34:06

@Fae 

Still no stats. Everything is latest firmware. 
No clients

No networks 

No traffic 

No users

It is useless like this.

Thanks for any help

See all attached screenshots. 

Options
2021-03-26 01:34:37
Options
2021-03-26 07:37:08

Dear @kempwireless,

Still no stats. Everything is latest firmware. 
No clients

No networks 

No traffic 

No users

It is useless like this.

Thanks for any help

See all attached screenshots. 

Thank you for the detailed information.

It seems that you have the same issue as it's mentioned in this post, OC200 Controller showing no stats or clients

Actually, the latest firmware version of the OC200 is 1.7.4 now, which is bundled with Omada SDN controller v4.2.11.

For your case, please update your OC200 to manage your EAPs, you may read the Omada Upgrade Guide before updating.

BTW, the thread below will be updated once there is new firmware released in the future, welcome to subscribe to it.

【Update 3/4/2021】Latest firmware released for Omada SDN Controller v4.2.11

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-03-26 14:53:31 - last edited 2021-03-26 14:54:28

@kempwireless 

Hey

Looking at your screens it appears the APs are on the newest firmware (5.x) which is designed for the v4 SDN controller so all good in that respect.

However the Controller appears to be running v3, as v4 is a large update for the controller this wont come down automatically, you need to manually update this.   Following the link Fae sent above I have posted the upgrade into that thread previously.  

Once controller is on V4 this should work for you.

NOTE.  The upgrade to v4 will reset the device so do a backup before if required.

Options
2021-03-26 17:06:58

@Philbert 

Thanks for the info but I'm still not finding the link. If you wouldn't mind could you please clearly post the link and then explain in a few steps exactly how I manually upgrade it?

Thanks very much, David

PS

I sure hope someone at TP Link is reading these problems so they fix them. If you ask me everything should be automatic if customers make sure they are using the latest software, apps and firmware. Automatic updates should work Wi

Options
2021-03-26 17:54:42 - last edited 2021-03-26 18:00:57

@kempwireless

Hey David

I have pasted and updated (green) the notes below for you, hopefully that will help you do this ok.

PS

I sure hope someone at TP Link is reading these problems so they fix them. If you ask me everything should be automatic if customers make sure they are using the latest software, apps and firmware. Automatic updates should work Wi

In answer to your question, its by design and actually makes a lot of sense when you think about it..

Basically there are 2x versions of the SDN out at moment, namely v3 and v4.    Some devices support both of these versions, and some only one..  generally support is controlled by firmware and therefore if a device supports both v3 and v4 you will find there are 2x seperate firmware channels for this device.  

Lets take the EAP245 as en example

v3 firmwares are    2.20   and   2.31

v4 firmwares are    2.21    5.0   and 5.0.1

In your case the EAP has the v4 channel so any updates will auto apply to the EAP for v4 support, that is why you have version 5 firmware..  If you where on the v3 channel you would auto update to only 2.31 and no futher.

However the OC200 you have is on the v3 firmwares so will only update to a newer v3 firmware, which wont happen as this is now discontinued end of 2020.   Therefore when you hit auto update on the OC200 it wont update (or will say latest even if it is not)

So the reason for this..   say it did auto update to v4 and I had 50 APs of different models.   The likelihood that all my APs are supported / will work with v4 is low and could cause havoc for admins as devices stop working.  In your case its only a stat reading issue, however some Switches and Routers simply wont work and that could be a nightmare as sections of the network drop off. 

That way you accept the responsability for ensuring all your connected devices are capable of taking the update and are compatible.    As far as device end of life, if they are getting dropped it will happen during a major version upgrade like this.  

I work with Cisco and EMC/Dell stuff daily, they are exactly the same.. some vendors even have you sign forms to say you have checked all is compatible before they give you the firmware update.   If something goes wrong, you signed the form! 

To be honest, it makes sense to do it this way. 

INSTRUCTIONS

--------------------

You need to connect to the IP address of the OC200 directly using a browser, you can then log into the controller from there. 

The auto update will only take you to the newest version of v3.. you need to manually download and update to v4..

Go to the address below and get the firmware

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/download/oc200/#Firmware

Go for this download below as it will update you to v4.2.8.     GO FOR VERSION   4.2.11 its newer - pic below updated also

Once on the controller you can update the firmware from the update section using the file

Settings >> Maintenance

Backup the config first if needed, else it will wipe during upgrade..

Once this updates and reboots it will be reset, find the IP address again and connect to it via the browser.   Start the setup again and all should be good for you

Options
2021-03-27 02:52:34

@Philbert 

thanks for the help but I don't see a clear answer and instructions on how to correct this. Could someone please post a step by step on what to do and a link on whatever firmware or software I need to install. Thanks!

Options
2021-03-27 02:57:02

@Philbert 

by the way, I'm using the Omada app for iPhone which can't be upgraded. 

Options
Related Articles