How to manage devices at different networks using only one Omada Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-06 08:57:41 - last edited 2021-04-14 12:04:40
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have two different networks. Ιn each of them there is  a TL-R605 omada router which is connected to a DSL router in port WAN, and in port LAN of router is connected in port 8 of a TL-SG2008P omada switch. The TL-SG2008P omada switch is connected to a hardware controller omada OC200 in port 1, and in port  and 3 are connected two Access Point. The LAN IP of this is network is 192.168.10.0. The same topology is exist in the other network and the LAN IP of this is network is 192.168.20.0. How to manage devices at those different networks using only one Omada Controller namely in one controller I can managed the devices which is directly connected with controller and the devices which is in the other network. First of all, this could be happen?

Network Engineer 1.0
Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:How to manage devices at different networks using only one Omada Controller -Solution
2021-04-13 08:27:45 - last edited 2021-04-14 12:04:40

@xperiments 

I don't think this will work, Your VPN is deleted when you adopt the device, try to create a port Forwarding like this in site1 and replace 192.168.101.202 with the wan ip in site1, if you have dynamic ip on wan you have to use a dynamic dns service enabled and use name instead og ip address.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How to manage devices at different networks using only one Omada Controller -Solution
2021-05-10 12:42:22 - last edited 2021-05-10 12:42:37

@xperiments Problem solved via port forwarding and omada discovery utility. Also port forwarding is applied on SDN router (TL-R605) and ISP modem both on the side where omada hardware controller belongs..

SDN router configuration:

dashboard->manage cloud access->transmission->NAT->Create New Rule

ISP modem configuration:

on lan host ip address we type the WAN IP of SDN router which we can find it on

Dashboard->Gateway->click on SDN router->expand WAN->the IP Address is WAN IP of SDN router

On the other side we run omada discovery utility.

on Controller IP/Inform URL we type the public IP of network where omada hardware controller belongs and we type the port 29810 e.g. Public_IP:29810

Then we type username and password of device we adopt.

Network Engineer 1.0
Recommended Solution
Options
14 Reply
Re:How to manage devices at different networks using only one Omada Controller
2021-04-08 07:20:04
My main purpose is if I can manage a network of omada devices via hardware controller which belongs in different network of those products that I want to manage
Network Engineer 1.0
Options
2021-04-09 08:38:17

Dear @xperiments,

xperiments wrote

How to manage devices at those different networks using only one Omada Controller namely in one controller I can managed the devices which is directly connected with controller and the devices which is in the other network. First of all, this could be happen?

It's possible, please refer to the article below.

How to manage EAPs at different places across internet using Omada Controller

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-04-09 12:54:52

Thanks about your answer.

But when I want to adopt this device the message that appears is "

Failed to adopt this gateway because a gateway already exists in this site."

Network Engineer 1.0
Options
2021-04-09 13:36:57 - last edited 2021-04-13 07:35:05

@xperiments 

You have to adopt it on another site.

Options
2021-04-12 06:21:09 - last edited 2021-04-12 08:03:02

@Emitplink Thanks a lot for response. I do it but it says that is is DISCONNECTED

Also in Controller Inform URL I put the controller IP of the other network and I check Cloud-Based Controller Management:

Network Engineer 1.0
Options
2021-04-12 09:42:57

Dear @xperiments,

xperiments wrote

I do it but it says that is is DISCONNECTED

Are you trying to manage the devices through the VPN tunnel between the two ER605?

If so, please refer to the article I provided above to manage devices through Port Forwarding instead.

Then configure the VPN tunnel after you manage the ER605s in two different sites on the Omada Controller.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-04-12 09:52:30

@Fae I try to manage the devices in both two networks with the omada hardware controller which belongs to one network

Network Engineer 1.0
Options
2021-04-13 02:11:13

Dear @xperiments,

xperiments wrote

I try to manage the devices in both two networks with the omada hardware controller which belongs to one network

For further assistance, you may draw a network diagram and upload screenshots of your configuration for checking.

Options
2021-04-13 06:21:00 - last edited 2021-04-13 06:25:16

@Fae I have two different networks. Ιn each of them there is  a TL-R605 omada router which is connected to a DSL router in port WAN, and in port LAN of router is connected in port 8 of a TL-SG2008P omada switch. The TL-SG2008P omada switch is connected to a hardware controller omada OC200 in port 1, and in port  and 3 are connected two Access Point. The LAN IP of this is network is 192.168.101.0. The same topology is exist in the other network and the LAN IP of this is network is 192.168.102.0.

This two networks communicate through VPN. My main purpose is that I want to manage a network of omada devices via hardware controller which belongs in different network of those products that I want to manage. As I mention VPN works fine, and on router (which exists in network 2) in Controller Inform URL I put the controller IP of the other network and I check Cloud-Based Controller Management. Also for router (which exists on network 2) I follow this steps https://www.tp-link.com/gr/support/faq/1362/.

Next I add a new site on controller and I see the router of network two and then I adopt it. The status after some minutes is disconnected and I cannot ping the other network

Here  is my topology

Thanks a lot in advance

Network Engineer 1.0
Options
2021-04-13 07:15:01 - last edited 2021-04-13 07:34:54
Network Engineer 1.0
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3268

Replies: 14