Can't access web managment from other VLAN, but can ping?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-14 19:27:24 - last edited 2021-04-19 12:59:06
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.1

Network topology:

Ubiquiti EdgeRouterX -> Unifi Switch 8 -> TP-Link EAP245

I have my EAP245 attached to a trunk port with the following setting:

VLAN 10 - tagged

VLAN 20 - tagged

VLAN 30 - tagged

VLAN 1 - native untagged

The EAP got an IP from the VLAN1 subnet DHCP and is working fine (10.0.0.x). I set up an SSID for VLAN10 and that is what my laptop is connected to (10.0.10.x), also working fine. I have the EdgeRouter configured to route traffic from VLAN 10 to any other VLAN, which normally works without issue. However, for some reason I can't access the web interface of my EAP245 from VLAN 10. I'm able to ping it successfully, but the web interface won't load unless I'm on VLAN 1.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious here. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can't access web managment from other VLAN, but can ping?-Solution
2021-04-19 07:22:39 - last edited 2021-04-19 12:59:06

Dear @skoobasteeve,

skoobasteeve wrote

@Mitya Thanks for the suggestion, however I don't have the management VLAN enabled on this device. Nonetheless, I tried enabling it and setting it to VLAN 10 and at that point I was no longer able to access it from either VLAN and had to factory reset.

Are your EAPs working in Standalone mode?

If so, please enable Layer-3 accessibility to allow accessing web management from other VLAN.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Can't access web managment from other VLAN, but can ping?
2021-04-16 07:22:38
You can manage APs only via Management VLAN. It is vlan1 by default. You can change it in settings.
Options
2021-04-18 21:50:26

@Mitya Thanks for the suggestion, however I don't have the management VLAN enabled on this device. Nonetheless, I tried enabling it and setting it to VLAN 10 and at that point I was no longer able to access it from either VLAN and had to factory reset.

Any other ideas?

Options
Re:Can't access web managment from other VLAN, but can ping?-Solution
2021-04-19 07:22:39 - last edited 2021-04-19 12:59:06

Dear @skoobasteeve,

skoobasteeve wrote

Are your EAPs working in Standalone mode?

If so, please enable Layer-3 accessibility to allow accessing web management from other VLAN.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2021-04-19 12:58:53

@Fae I can't believe I didn't see that option in the settings! Checked the box and everything is working as expected.

Thank you for your assistance!

Options
2021-04-20 00:43:18

Dear @skoobasteeve,

skoobasteeve wrote

I can't believe I didn't see that option in the settings! Checked the box and everything is working as expected.

Glad to hear that it works. Hope you enjoy the Internet with TP-Link products. Cheers!

Options

Information

Helpful: 16

Views: 2978

Replies: 5