Omada SDN Controller v4.3.5 Reboot Lost Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-07 08:42:50
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

The Controller Is installed on Debian Server.

When reboot Debian Server, clients lost connection for 2-5 minutes, till the server is up.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada SDN Controller v4.3.5 Reboot Lost Connection
2021-05-21 09:01:24

@vedat 

Hi, when you mentioned Clients lost connections for 2-5 minutes, do you mean the internet access is down for few seconds on all your devices? Or just your EAP? Or just wireless clients been disconnected from the WIFI, or internet?

Do you have any other TP-Link SDN devices? What's their model number?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-05-21 09:10:08

@Virgo 

Hi Virgo

Thanks for your reply. Yes the internet access ist down, also the wifi connection ist down.

My Server restarted once a day. In this time have no connection to my intranet and to internet.

Another case:

When Server is down, it works fine. The Omada Devices works. But when I started the Server again, the connection down for a short time.

I have an EAP225 and a R605 Router, both is connected to the Omada SDN.

Options
2021-05-21 20:22:18 - last edited 2021-05-21 20:33:03

I created a post about this a few days ago, and I am having the same issue when controller is rebooted WAN drops for 2-5 minutes.  I also see a few other recent posts about this.  I am running on Linux as well, but have seen folks that have the OC controller also having the same issue when it is rebooted, it's during the "Adoption" or "Configuration" stage for the router on reboot.

I have all Omada (Router, Switch, 2xAPs).  When this happens I get an alert of WAN Down in the controller and everything on the network wired or wireless loses internet connection.  WiFi devices do not disconnect from the APs, they just lose internet.  Anything internal / LAN related is still fine during this time.

My post here for reference: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/265070

Options