Votes

[ER-7206] Is it possible to add an option 60 parameter to DHCP requests on WAN interfaces?

Votes

[ER-7206] Is it possible to add an option 60 parameter to DHCP requests on WAN interfaces?

110 Reply
RE:[ER-7206] Is it possible to add an option 60 parameter to DHCP requests on WAN interfaces?
2023-03-25 10:16:09

@Fae 

Do you have some news about this request?

Options
RE:[ER-7206] Is it possible to add an option 60 parameter to DHCP requests on WAN interfaces?
2023-03-26 07:14:35 - last edited 2023-03-26 07:16:53

Red SFR in France needs this

Crazy that so many ISPs require this, but TP-Link isn't implementating it. This thread is 2yrs old and no news at all.

Just crazy, because without the ability to replace the ISP box, VPN client on the ER605 doesn't work either - no connections being made at all

Options
Re:[ER-7206] Is it possible to add an option 60 parameter to DHCP requests on WAN interfaces?
2023-03-28 16:21:27

@mtest001 I'm also suprised that TP Link doesn't react on this feature, particularly when you see that Ubiquiti Unifi, its direct challenger, offers this useful option ! 

I don't understand why this subject is not considered seriously when you see that it is one of the most viewed and voted for.

It also prevents to set up an ikev2 VPN server, which is very frustrated when you buy a vpn router. Open vpn server works, but very slow :-(

I was about to suscribe to a vpn online and setup my ER605 as an open VPN client, but since you say it's not working, I won't do it ! So disappointing !

@Fae Hope you can reconsider this option with tplink team quickly. Thanks

Options
Re:[ER-7206] Is it possible to add an option 60 parameter to DHCP requests on WAN interfaces?
2023-03-29 20:14:05

Hi  @Adrimama i'm agree with you i'm disappointed too

@Fae please help us yes we wait some news about the next step to reconsidering this and have news soon

Options
2023-03-29 20:17:10
Go
Options
2023-04-01 16:44:07

I've just bought this device and I feel disappointed to learn that TP-link is not able to do it.

I'm thinking to return it.

Options
2023-04-04 08:06:20
For france it's verry important.
Options
2023-04-04 10:05:36

@Antoine83470 

And not only for french People. Its a really important option for any router to us it with any ISP (FAI en français 😉) around the world.

Please TP link help us to deploy your omada solution to lot of private people or business unit.

Options
2023-04-04 10:20:32

@Antoine83470 And many other countries !

Actually, what ISP are doing by preventing their clients to use freely their own router is completely illegal.

There is an European regulation (REGULATION EU 2015/2120) that is unfortunately not implemented in many countries and that could allow us to choose more freely our devices. The society FSFE tries to make the regulation respected (successfully in few countries already such as Germany) and I invite you to visit their website and read their explanation of this regulation of router freedom to understand the problem (I'm not allowed to post the link, so google it).

@Fae I'd like to know if TP-Link and other routers manufacturer are involved in this fight, and actually I'd be very surprised if they were not, because it is a huge business opportunity for them to improve significantly their routers sales all across Europe.

Options
2023-04-16 05:40:33

@Adrimama a lot of countries do allow the use of own equipment but with some demands and those demands can be made. In the Netherlands for example it is a law that you can choose your own equipment for some services but if you want to use IPTV for example it can be a bit more tricky as a lot of routers don't support it, no matter what.

Also, shame to TP-Link for completely ignoring its customers and leaving this out of the last firmware update. Seriously considering abandoning TP-Link because of their attitude towards customers and just doing what they want. I've mentioned this before, Omada is a fantastic product but the support is the worst I've seen so far.

Options

Voters 41

+ 37 Voters