Votes

[ER-7206] Is it possible to add an option 60 parameter to DHCP requests on WAN interfaces?

Votes

[ER-7206] Is it possible to add an option 60 parameter to DHCP requests on WAN interfaces?

110 Reply
Re:[ER-7206] Is it possible to add an option 60 parameter to DHCP requests on WAN interfaces?
2023-06-06 10:26:35

Hello @Fae !

DHCP Option: Vendor Class Identifier String (Option 60)
DHCP Option: Client Identifier String (Option 61)

on the WAN ports of the Omada range routers during the next firmware update ???

Options
Re:[ER-7206] Is it possible to add an option 60 parameter to DHCP requests on WAN interfaces?
2023-06-07 09:13:00

@Multiplex Can we still believe in this feature ? Personally, I start being hopeless :-(

Options
2023-06-07 15:23:40

@Multiplex I wish, TP-Link doesn't care at all about what their customers want. This feature has been requested many times but zero action is being taken. They just don't care. I've given up hope and honestly I'm not rooting for Omada anymore as I used to. Support is terrible, documentation is either incomplete, very outdated or missing and feature requests aren't even listened to. If I have equipment that needs replacement I'll replace the lot for Unifi or any similar product, I'd rather start my network setup from scratch than investing in equipment of a company that doesn't care about their customers.

Options
RE:[ER-7206] Is it possible to add an option 60 parameter to DHCP requests on WAN interfaces?
2023-06-20 22:17:00
As many previously stated, option 60 on wan is a must for french isps, and the related market is huge, considering that both SFR and Orange provide terrible customer service and, in the specific case of SFR, terrible product design… How can we replace our routers without the option required ?? @Fae please update us when possible
Options
RE:[ER-7206] Is it possible to add an option 60 parameter to DHCP requests on WAN interfaces?
2023-06-27 12:33:17

@Fae do you have some news?

Options
2023-06-27 12:36:37

@Hank21 maybe you can help us and @Fae too to have more visibility about the following of this request

Thanks for all 

Options
2023-07-03 19:34:37

I just wanted to tell that I am also waiting for this feature. I went from Deco to Omada to have more control. I paid quite a bit for that as well. Now that I am going to another ISP (KPN), I find it outrageous that IPTV is not possible through Omada. Hope this may change soon, I did pay for that too.

Options
2023-07-18 15:32:57

I have the feeling that TP-Link let this feed dying slowly, I'm so sad !

Could be a good idea to give us some news about this topic wink

Have you thought to let the summer trainee to develop this option 60, it would be a marvellous back to school gift for TP Link user in september laugh

Options
2023-08-10 21:12:00

I hope @Adrimama laugh

Maybe we can have just some information soon

We hope, we hope...

Options
2023-08-11 02:25:52

Hi @MaxxFR 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Can you provide some 2B brand that supports this feature? I mean Cisco, Meraki, Ruckus, etc.

What's your connection type now? DHCP on WAN interface?

Based on my brief research, I found out that most brands do not support DHCP Option on the WAN interface. Instead, they support DHCP Option on LAN. This function is usually performed by the modem.

I'd like to help you guys here. But I need some data to concrete my words and feedback and I can push the dev team based on the data/info you provided.

Let me know your answers and @ me in your reply.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Voters 40

+ 36 Voters