WIFI vulnerabilities (FRAG) - release date of updates

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WIFI vulnerabilities (FRAG) - release date of updates

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
25 Reply
Re:WIFI vulnerabilities (FRAG) - release date of updates
2021-11-22 11:19:32

EAP245 v3 Release Note for Firmware 5.04 from 2021.11.22 :

Recommended Controller Software Version: Omada Controller v4.1.5 or above

New Feature/Enhancement:
1. Fully adapt to Omada SDN controller V5.x
2. Add the feature that when using Migration moving EAP to an invalid IP address of Omada Controller, the EAP will roll back.
3. Optimize security vulnerabilities.

Bug fixed:
1. Fixed the bug that the LED light is still on after using Locate function.
2. Fixed the bug that the 2.4G clients sometimes cannot access the internet when the EAP gets the MAC authentication configuration from the Omada Controller.
2. Fixed the bug that the EAP will automatically restart when using with some wireless devices.

Notes:
1. For EAP245 v3 only.
2. This version of firmware is applied to the Omada APP of version 3.0.X or above.
3. This firmware is only compatible with Omada controller v4.1.5 or above. If you are using the
old Omada controller and need to manage EAP615-Wall, you must upgrade the Omada
controller to version 4.1.5 or above. You can follow Omada Controller Upgrade Guide to upgrade
omada controller

@Fae  Unfortunately there is nothing about Frag Attack in the release notes, on any site (us, en, de), no change.

Options
2021-11-26 01:52:20

@Fae 

i guess tp link does not take security very seriously 

Options
2021-11-26 03:28:12

Dear @Nobbi,

Nobbi wrote

Unfortunately there is nothing about Frag Attack in the release notes, on any site (us, en, de), no change.

Sorry for my late response. 

Important release notes are usually shown directly on the download page to make it easier to see, but it seems to make confusion.

I'll suggest the support to add it into the release note document as well.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-11-26 04:22:02

Dear @johnsnow88,

johnsnow88 wrote

will we see an update for the EAP225?

The subsequent firmware updates for EAP225 V3 will fix the FragAttacks vulnerabilities as well.

Sorry that I don't know the estimated date for the new firmware release, I'll pay attention to the website for an update and let you know.

If you require to fix the vulnerabilities urgently, please contact TP-Link support team via Email <support.forum@tp-link.com> for a solution.

Note: I suggest you attaching this forum link in the email when you do that, and remember to provide the necessary information including model number & hardware version. How to find the hardware version on a TP-Link device: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/46/

Thank you for your great cooperation and patience. Have a nice day!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-04-09 17:19:26

@Fae, the US version of the EAP245 had the Fragattacks vulnerability fixed, but 5 months later the Canadian version of the firmware still has not been released.

When can we expect the new firmware for the Canadian version?

Options