TL-R605 [KPN] configure separate WAN VLAN for IGMP proxy

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-16 20:20:38
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20210113 Rel.35074

I was wondering if it is possible to configure the VLAN used on the WAN side for the IGMP proxy on the TL-R605 router. This is a question that has spawned due to the dutch ISP KPN requiring this setup for their iTV. 

This means that VLAN 6 is responsible for internet traffic and VLAN 4 is responsible for iTV. While I can easily enable the IGMP proxy their is no way to chose multiple VLANs for different purposes on the WAN settings side of things. 

Options
9 Reply
Re:TL-R605 [KPN] configure separate WAN VLAN for IGMP proxy
2021-05-19 07:53:45

@SchippieNL 

As a business Router, R605 doesn't support IPTV configuration now, as far as I know, only some of the home Router can do IPTV Configuration like this:

How to Configure IPTV function on Deco?

How to configure IPTV function on wireless router (For new logo)?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-05-24 16:44:10
What I feared but that's fine, hope this information helps other KPN customers in case they stumble upon this topic. Thank you Virgo!
Options
2022-01-06 22:51:46 - last edited 2022-01-12 18:08:48

Slightly off-topic,(home setup) also on KPN Fiber 1000, 3 TV's, not using the KPN Topsetbox (hate the 2 remotes stuff) but the IPTV SmartTV App works fine, so, nog need for multiple WAN side VLAN. If however TP-Link would release this I might reconsider for the game room....

Options
2022-01-12 18:08:01

@Virgo Just re-read this post, have to strongly disagreesurprise. We have a albeit small but actual physical office which we use to work (now less than in B.C.), where we run our HP Servers, have VPN Access and as our work is entertainment and new related we do have IPTV in the office. We are business subscribers (2x 1Gb FttH plus a 5G backup coonection), use enterprise grade hardware (servers, storage, UPS,....) as we locally host all development envo's for our clients and even have a local fallback if our hosted domains get in trouble.

We have the TV on (several of them even) on several business channels, but after hours we use it also to watch other content, all offerd through the IPTV Settopbox

So "Enterpises do not need IPTV" is somewhat not correct in current times. As such at the office we run Ubiquity (!?!) and their USG3 can in fact effortlessly handle IPTV.

And....since TP-L are moving into Ubi's hunting grounds......this might actually be a extra sales point. (Ubi still supports but USG4 requires .json editing)smiley

Options
2022-02-12 10:23:52 - last edited 2022-02-12 19:09:06

There is a new firmware update for the ER605 v1.1.2.0 (manged by the omada controler)

New Feature/Enhancement:

2. Add support for IPTV

maybe this wil solve the KPN IPTV 

Options
2022-04-07 13:47:47

@SchippieNL 

I noticed this added feature as well today. I am interested to see if I can use in my setup. KPN is my ISP as well. I updated my router immediately, but so far I am not able to find this feature in the Omada gui. 

Maybe someone from TP-link can point us in the right direction. @Fae do you know more about this? Thank you!

Options
2022-04-08 02:09:57

Dear @haggyman,

haggyman wrote

@SchippieNL 

I noticed this added feature as well today. I am interested to see if I can use in my setup. KPN is my ISP as well. I updated my router immediately, but so far I am not able to find this feature in the Omada gui.

The IPTV config is added in Omada Controller v5.1.7, please ensure that your controller is v5.1.7 and later version.

If you are using OC200/OC300, you may wait for the firmware update of controller v5.1.7. This post will actively update with the new firmware release of Omada Controller, welcome to subscribe.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-04-08 17:37:13

@Fae Thank you for your reply. I am using the OC200 hardware controller, so I will have to wait for the 5.1.7 firmware version to be released. Thanks for pointing me towards the post about new updates.

Options
2022-04-22 14:48:40

So the latest firmware update came through on the OC200 hardware controller and with it the IPTV options.

As you can see in this topic, the new options only work for bridged IPTV solutions. Routed IPTV solutions like KPN offers, can not (yet) be configured by Omada.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2652

Replies: 9