e-mails with warnings being sent even when SMTP is not configured

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-31 23:12:22
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.8.0 Build 20210406 Rel.58757

Recently I had to go thru factory reset of all my OMADA devices due to problems with TL-R605 firmware upgrade. 

Once finished and configured (after many hours... btw) I've noticed that emails are being sent even if there is no SMTP configuration...

OC200 is using OLD config AFTER factory RESET!

I've even deleted dedicated email config on mailjet service that I've used for that, but now they're sending me warnings that someone is using unconfirmed email...

It seems I am not able to turn off sending emails, the only solution that works was to turn off OC200, but I think it should not be designed that way...

Anyone experienced such problem?

Options
3 Reply
Re:e-mails with warnings being sent even when SMTP is not configured
2021-06-01 12:27:39

Dear @Norbert_123,

Norbert_123 wrote

Recently I had to go thru factory reset of all my OMADA devices due to problems with TL-R605 firmware upgrade. 

Once finished and configured (after many hours... btw) I've noticed that emails are being sent even if there is no SMTP configuration... 

OC200 is using OLD config AFTER factory RESET!

May I check how you reset the OC200? Basically, there are two ways to reset the OC200:

• Press the reset hole on the OC200 to hard reset it.

In this way, you may navigate to Settings -> Controller -> General Settings to confirm if the option of "Reset Button" is enabled.

It's enabled by default. If it's disabled by accident, the OC200 Controller cannot be reset via the reset button physically.

• Click Factory Reset from the controller page.

On the controller page of OC200, navigate to Maintenance -> Hardware Controller, click "Factory Reset".

After you factory reset the OC200, you will need to reconfigure it from the beginning.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-06-01 12:57:04

@Fae The first option.

Reset was not disabled, and the reason behind that I've used reset whole instead of 'factory reset' button was that after upgrading TL-R605 to firmware 1.1.0 all my setup has been broken and I could not log into any device. All of them has been reset using reset whole, after that I've tried to load backup file  trying to avoid long manual config from scratch but it happened again - all setup broken on all devices... 

Then I reset it again using reset whole and configured everything from scratch (which made me f***** angry BTW because those backups seem to be uselesss...). After that I've noticed that emails still are being send even if SMTP option is not checked and email is not filled...

Options
2021-06-02 08:50:18

Dear @Norbert_123 

Norbert_123 wrote

After that I've noticed that emails still are being send even if SMTP option is not checked and email is not filled...

The issue you are experiencing sounds unusual/abnormal.

To address the issue and try to fix it, I'd like to escalate your case to the TP-Link support team for further investigation.

They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box later.

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and support!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 562

Replies: 3

Related Articles