No Mesh between EAP225

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No Mesh between EAP225

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No Mesh between EAP225
No Mesh between EAP225
2021-06-21 17:38:39
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I've recently installed 5 eap225 and 2 eap225-Outdoor and successfully mesh an eap225 to one of the outdoor without any problem through the Omada Controller.

I have another eap that I want to mesh with one of the wired eap225 indoor, but the controller never recognize that, even if put them very close.

I'm using the Omada Controller v.3.2.14, I've already tried to update both the EAP to every possible version but it never come up, I've also tried to mesh the same eap to the outdoor one and there it works, any suggestions?

Options
4 Reply
Re:No Mesh between EAP225
2021-06-22 06:41:21

@Wilcar 

Here are some suggestions:

1. Make sure they are compatible with your current Controller version

2. EAP use 5G network to build Mesh network, so set them to the same 5G channel band for a test.

Some countries limited outdoor product in some specific channel range, it might make indoor EAP and outdoor EAP in different channels and cannot find each other.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-06-22 08:27:03
I don't know if it's something related to the controller, because I've no problem mesh outdoor with indoor EAP, the problem is only between indoor ones. I've already tried to set them on the same channel but nothing changed, tried to reset them, tried even to swap the EAP but nothing. As I know all the firmware I've tried are fully compatible with the controller.
Options
2021-06-23 02:32:07

@Wilcar 

Hi, can you adopt that EAP with a cable? Adopt it then unplug it, this EAP status should turn to isolated. And we can link it manually.

Can you access this page and send us a pic of all your EAPs(after adopt this indoor one with cable)? So we can check the model, hardware, firmware etc.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-07-09 06:55:11 - last edited 2021-07-09 07:06:58

Dear @Wilcar,

Wilcar wrote

I have another eap that I want to mesh with one of the wired eap225 indoor, but the controller never recognize that, even if put them very close.

I'm using the Omada Controller v.3.2.14, I've already tried to update both the EAP to every possible version but it never come up, I've also tried to mesh the same eap to the outdoor one and there it works, any suggestions?

What's the hardware and firmware version of your indoor EAP225?

Kind note that the current EAP225 V3 firmware listed on the TP-Link website is almost for Omada Controller V4 or above.

To work with Omada Controller v3.2.14, you may refer to this post to get the firmware of your EAP225.

If your concern is resolved, I'd encourage you to give feedback to the community so others can be confident of the solution.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 640

Replies: 4

Related Articles