Omada (225-Outdoor) Mesh Adoption

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-24 06:01:14
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have 3 wired Omada EAP225-Outdoor(Canada) through an OC200 controller. I am trying to adopt 2 (additional) EAP225's into my network as mesh devices however, the controller cannot find them to adopt. I am probably missing something in the documentation but I can find the controller both through the cloud and local to the network, however, I cannot find the devices to adopt into my network. 

Hints would be appreciated. 

I've both ssh'd into the local devices through 192.168.0.254 as well as tried ot reassign on my local IP addresses but nothing has worked. My local network is an 10.x.x.x. network, so the original 3 Omada devices exist on that network. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Omada (225-Outdoor) Mesh Adoption
2021-07-26 06:33:02

@Mookiebud 

If you connect the two downlink EAP225-outdoor to the router/switch with an ethernet cable, can the Controller detect and adopt these two EAPs? 

The issue may be the incompatible issue from the EAP's firmware and the Controller version. Can you share the screenshot on the Controller--Device, which can show all basic information?

Also make sure that Mesh function is enabled. "Settings--Site--Service--Mesh"

If the EAPs are compatible with the Controller, you can try to change the channel and channel width for uplink EAP in the 5G channel cause the EAPs connecting with each other wirelessly by 5G.

For the 5G signal in Canada, it is only available for the Band4, related from channel 149 to channel 165. "Device-- EAP for uplink--Config--Radio--5G--Channel"

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 514

Replies: 1