Adoption Omada controller

2024-07-10 12:12:31 - last edited 2024-07-12 21:46:32
Model: EAP610  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.4.4 Build 20240312 Rel. 38091

Hi all, so i have an AP EAP610 which is branched directly to the router via a Ethernet cable, the AP take the parameters from the router and everything is going well.

I want to control my APs , switchs and routers from Omada controller v5.14.20.9 so I've obliged to adopt this devices. Every device in the network is adopted successfully, but the EAP610 failed to adopt.

I tried to update the firmware version, to connect directly to the device with cable, reset and try another time ...

Any help ..

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Adoption Omada controller-Solution
2024-07-11 11:38:09 - last edited 2024-07-12 21:46:32

@ghost124 

I believe I find the reason.

The controller PC is connecting to the EAP's wifi when trying to adopt the EAP, right?

When the EAP turns to Provisioning status, the controller will try to assign the controller's WLAN settings to the EAP, and the EAP's own/default SSID will be cleared.

During this process, the PC will lose the connection with this network since the EAP's SSID does not exist anymore.

Solution:

Connect the PC to your main router's wifi, or wired connecting to the network.

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Adoption Omada controller
2024-07-11 01:48:45

@ghost124 Have you tried to adopt it connected to a different source?  Is it getting power?  Did you try different ports on the router?

Options
2024-07-11 05:56:55

Hi  @ghost124 

If the Omada devices are showing as "pending" on the controller but fail to be adopted, you can follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
1. Pay attention to any error messages that appear when you click the "Adopt" button. Here are some common errors and their solutions:
    a) "The Username or Password is incorrect": Check if the default username/password of the Omada device (usually admin/admin) has been changed. If you have forgotten the credentials, you can reset the device by pressing the reset button.
    b) "Device adoption failed because the device does not respond to adopt commands": This error indicates a communication issue between the EAP (Omada device) and the Omada Software Controller/Hardware Controller. Ensure that TCP/UDP ports 29810-29814 are open in any antivirus or firewall settings.
2. Update the firmware of the devices.
3. Try to reset the device and restart the controller.
For more detailed guide, please refer to this link: What to do if Omada Device Adoption Failure

Options
2024-07-11 09:26:14

@Vincent-TP 

Thank u for ur response,

I tried with ping and the communication between the software controller and the device is succeed. 

The problem is when i click adopt, it's moving from PENDING>ADOPTING>PROVISIONING then everything is destroyed (the internet cutting off, both WIFI of the EAP610 does not appears in the PC). So every time I do reset the devise nd reconfigure it from the begging.

Like it shown in the captures

I hope it's clear

thank you.

Options
Re:Adoption Omada controller-Solution
2024-07-11 11:38:09 - last edited 2024-07-12 21:46:32

@ghost124 

I believe I find the reason.

The controller PC is connecting to the EAP's wifi when trying to adopt the EAP, right?

When the EAP turns to Provisioning status, the controller will try to assign the controller's WLAN settings to the EAP, and the EAP's own/default SSID will be cleared.

During this process, the PC will lose the connection with this network since the EAP's SSID does not exist anymore.

Solution:

Connect the PC to your main router's wifi, or wired connecting to the network.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-12 21:50:55

@Vincent-TP Thanks, the problème was solved nd the devise connected to the manager, but the wifi doesn't appear in the wifi list.

Thank u again

Options
2024-07-15 09:03:26

Hi @ghost124 

You need to create a wifi network on this page:

Options