EAP225 firmware - How annoying is this.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-31 13:31:25
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello all

During the install of my mini home EAP network (2 x EAP , OC200 and 8 POE switch) and I must admit that I am a bit OCD.

Both my EAPs were bought a week or so apart from a major online store or who likes to travel into space.

The controller told me that the 2nd one installed (today) had a newer firmware that could be installed so I did it.

Now my OCD 

Arrrggggghhhhhh - I assume they must have very slight different chip sets in them as when I check again for updates nothing is found.

Have a great weekend

confused.c0m

Ben

Options
9 Reply
Re:EAP225 firmware - How annoying is this.
2021-08-01 10:55:25

@Benje 

Haha  yes that would trigger my OCD too!

Do agree however that its likely just a newer chipset that requires a specific firmware to operate, cant see any reference for it on the website however.

Suppose ultimately as long as it is working then no harm done!   But yes I would be anxious for a new firmware to make them all level again (5.0.5)  lol

Options
2021-08-01 20:51:51

Philbert wrote

@Benje 

Haha  yes that would trigger my OCD too!

Do agree however that its likely just a newer chipset that requires a specific firmware to operate, cant see any reference for it on the website however.

Suppose ultimately as long as it is working then no harm done!   But yes I would be anxious for a new firmware to make them all level again (5.0.5)  lol

@Philbert 

If I look at the first 6 byte part of the MAC address the OUI's are C0-06-C3 and 60-A4-B7 but both show as TP-Link Corporation Limited

So this might explain why they have possible different chip sets as they may be manufactured in different places.

Options
2021-08-02 06:59:55

Dear @Benje,

Benje wrote

During the install of my mini home EAP network (2 x EAP , OC200 and 8 POE switch) and I must admit that I am a bit OCD.

Both my EAPs were bought a week or so apart from a major online store or who likes to travel into space.

The controller told me that the 2nd one installed (today) had a newer firmware that could be installed so I did it.

Now my OCD 

Can you recall the previous firmware version of the two EAP225? Are they originally the same or different?

Do you mean the 2nd one in the picture you uploaded had a newer firmware update and you upgraded it, now it shows firmware version 5.0.4?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-08-02 09:42:30 - last edited 2021-08-02 09:42:56

@Benje

I even think you have installed a newer firmware that might have been accidently released through the Omada-updates for a short time (and pulled back after)

Latest update my AP's (225v3) can get is the 5.0.3 as you have.

Options
2021-08-02 10:13:52

Fae wrote

Dear @Benje,

Can you recall the previous firmware version of the two EAP225? Are they originally the same or different?

Do you mean the 2nd one in the picture you uploaded had a newer firmware update and you upgraded it, now it shows firmware version 5.0.4?

@Fae 

Hi Fae

I think they both had 2. something if i recall correctly.

The one showing 5.0.3 was upgraded yesterday and the other one was upgraded on 28th July.

Regards

Ben

Options
2021-08-04 03:16:09

Dear @Benje,

Benje wrote

The one showing 5.0.3 was upgraded yesterday and the other one was upgraded on 28th July.

It's weird since 5.0.4 firmware is not released on the official website, and the latest official firmware is 5.0.3 at present.

I assume that the other EAP225 v3 came with 5.0.4 firmware from the factory default, perhaps you didn't notice it before?

Could you please check the Log -> Event, search "Upgrade" and confirm whether the EAP225 with 5.0.4 firmware was upgraded once?

Besides, may I have the S/N of the EAP225 that runs with 5.0.4 firmware (you can send me a private message with the S/N info)?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-08-04 06:14:53

Fae wrote

Dear @Benje,

Benje wrote

It's weird since 5.0.4 firmware is not released on the official website, and the latest official firmware is 5.0.3 at present.

I assume that the other EAP225 v3 came with 5.0.4 firmware from the factory default, perhaps you didn't notice it before?

Could you please check the Log -> Event, search "Upgrade" and confirm whether the EAP225 with 5.0.4 firmware was upgraded once?

Besides, may I have the S/N of the EAP225 that runs with 5.0.4 firmware (you can send me a private message with the S/N info)?

@Fae 

I only have one event - EAP225_DOWNSTAIRS was upgrade to firmware version 5.0.3 Build 20210316 Rel. 67358 online.

The other one was first configured using my iPhone on the Omada App.

So maybe it was already that ?

I have sent you a PM withe the serial number.

Ben

Options
2021-08-06 00:42:56

Dear @Benje,

Benje wrote

I only have one event - EAP225_DOWNSTAIRS was upgrade to firmware version 5.0.3 Build 20210316 Rel. 67358 online.

Thank you for providing the S/N for checking. Now I can confirm that the other EAP225 came with 5.0.4 firmware from the factory default. And the 5.0.4 firmware functions exactly the same as the 5.0.3 firmware.

Options
2021-08-06 07:02:31

Fae wrote

Dear @Benje,

Benje wrote

Thank you for providing the S/N for checking. Now I can confirm that the other EAP225 came with 5.0.4 firmware from the factory default. And the 5.0.4 firmware functions exactly the same as the 5.0.3 firmware.

@Fae 

Thanks for the confirmation.

Ben

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1396

Replies: 9