Clients plugged into EAP2335-wall ports do not show in controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-17 16:27:09 - last edited 2021-08-19 03:09:08
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 4.3.5

Setting up my first Omada system, and I'm noticing that devices plugged into the ports on a 235-wall AP do not show in the client table. Clients connected on wifi do show up. I've tried connecting the same computer through wifi and through the ETH ports to test this. Let me know what useful details I can provide. 

OC200 controller

TL-R605 v1.0

TL-SG2210MP v1.0

EAP235-Wall(US) v1.0

I believe all devices to be up to date on firmware. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Clients plugged into EAP2335-wall ports do not show in controller-Solution
2021-08-19 03:08:41 - last edited 2021-08-19 03:29:34

Dear @cegan09,

cegan09 wrote

Setting up my first Omada system, and I'm noticing that devices plugged into the ports on a 235-wall AP do not show in the client table. Clients connected on wifi do show up. I've tried connecting the same computer through wifi and through the ETH ports to test this. Let me know what useful details I can provide. 

To clarify, the ETH ports on the Wall plate EAP are used to provide additional wired connections. The data from the connected wired clients doesn't pass through the CPU of the EAP but is directly forwarded to the front switch via its internal chip.

Therefore, the wired clients plugged into your EAP235-Wall cannot be recognized by the EAP.

If you want the wired clients plugged into the Wall plate EAP to show in the Controller Client table, you may use an Omada SDN Switch to make it and ensure your Controller is updated to v4.3.5 or above (the Switch also needs to be compatible with controller v4.3.5 or above).

Kind note that the displayed Wired/LAN clients will be taken as connected to the Omada SDN Switch in this way.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Clients plugged into EAP2335-wall ports do not show in controller
2021-08-17 20:39:14

@cegan09 

The 235 wall is a pretty new device and think its still awaiting a new firmware, there was however 2x beta releases very recently.

Link below might be of interest to you

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/272578

Options
2021-08-18 02:44:04 - last edited 2021-08-18 03:29:23

@cegan09 

The beta firmware is for the issue of SSID VLANs, not for your case. I saw quite a few people have the same issue in other threads, but TP-Link said it's not easy to optimize it. See this thread:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/250958

Options
Re:Clients plugged into EAP2335-wall ports do not show in controller-Solution
2021-08-19 03:08:41 - last edited 2021-08-19 03:29:34

Dear @cegan09,

cegan09 wrote

To clarify, the ETH ports on the Wall plate EAP are used to provide additional wired connections. The data from the connected wired clients doesn't pass through the CPU of the EAP but is directly forwarded to the front switch via its internal chip.

Therefore, the wired clients plugged into your EAP235-Wall cannot be recognized by the EAP.

If you want the wired clients plugged into the Wall plate EAP to show in the Controller Client table, you may use an Omada SDN Switch to make it and ensure your Controller is updated to v4.3.5 or above (the Switch also needs to be compatible with controller v4.3.5 or above).

Kind note that the displayed Wired/LAN clients will be taken as connected to the Omada SDN Switch in this way.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2021-08-19 11:53:36

@Fae  what I'm saying is that the client does not show in the SDN controller. 

I understand that the ETH ports are a passthrough back to where the EAP is plugged in, that makes sense and what I expect. I'm saying that a computer plugged into one of these ETH ports does not show in the client table of the controller, even though I am using an omada conpatable switch. Again, my hardware setup:

OC200 controller - firmware 4.3.5

TL-R605 v1.0 - firmware 1.0.1

TL-SG2210MP v1.0 - firmware 1.0.1

EAP235-Wall(US) v1.0 - firmware 3.0.0

The firmware for each of those claims to make the device compatable with 4.3.5. 

I am saying that my computer, which is plugged into ETH2 on the EAP, does not show in either the map, or the client table on the OC200 dashboard. It's connected, I have an IP, and I can talk to everything, but it does not show up anywhere. 

Weirdly, when I added another switch to the setup (TL-SG3210 V3) I did briefly see my computer show in the map, but it showed plugged into that new switch. 

Even more weirdly, I rebooted the controller (for the second time) while writing this, and now magically my computer shows correctly on the port of the switch that the EAP is plugged into. So I guess who knows, I'll have to just keep a close eye on the whole system and see if this keeps happening. 

Options
2021-08-20 01:29:27

Dear @cegan09,

cegan09 wrote

@Fae  what I'm saying is that the client does not show in the SDN controller. 

I understand that the ETH ports are a passthrough back to where the EAP is plugged in, that makes sense and what I expect. I'm saying that a computer plugged into one of these ETH ports does not show in the client table of the controller, even though I am using an omada conpatable switch. Again, my hardware setup:

OC200 controller - firmware 4.3.5

TL-R605 v1.0 - firmware 1.0.1

TL-SG2210MP v1.0 - firmware 1.0.1

EAP235-Wall(US) v1.0 - firmware 3.0.0

The firmware for each of those claims to make the device compatable with 4.3.5. 

I am saying that my computer, which is plugged into ETH2 on the EAP, does not show in either the map, or the client table on the OC200 dashboard. It's connected, I have an IP, and I can talk to everything, but it does not show up anywhere. 

Weirdly, when I added another switch to the setup (TL-SG3210 V3) I did briefly see my computer show in the map, but it showed plugged into that new switch. 

Even more weirdly, I rebooted the controller (for the second time) while writing this, and now magically my computer shows correctly on the port of the switch that the EAP is plugged into. So I guess who knows, I'll have to just keep a close eye on the whole system and see if this keeps happening.

Sorry that I didn't notice that you already have the Omada SDN switch and it's compatible with v4.3.5.

Thank you so much for the detailed information. Glad to hear that your computer shows up correctly finally.

Please feel free to update it here if you find anything new.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 809

Replies: 5