Can I do roaming between site

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-09 15:25:04

Recently the office where I am responsible for the network as expended into the office next door, as such we have 2 lan with 2 internet connection and so 2 site on omada sdn. So I want to know if it is possible to make roaming between the 2 site.

For those who wonder, no I cannot just merge the 2 lan and just connecter the 2 internet line into the same safestream, they are literary at opposite side of the building and running a cable is not really an option.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can I do roaming between site
2021-09-10 12:17:22

@Raxa04 

In theory this is do-able

You would need to create a VPN link between the two offices and use one controller for both.  Have both offices on the same IP range an control both offices from the one controller.

Link below might be of help!

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3087/

Options
2021-09-10 13:18:30

@Philbert ok but to do so would I need to add all the eap on the same site on omada sdn or not ?

Options
2021-09-10 13:52:14

@Raxa04 

If you wish to be able to roam between the 2x physical sites, namely walk in a straight line and hand over from AP to AP without disconnecting.. then yes they all need to be in one site under the controller and on the same IP ranges

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 592

Replies: 3

Related Articles