Switchport Config for EAPs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-27 18:57:17

Hello everyone, I am running my controller on an RPi4. Which works ok but I am having issues with the EAP660. I have the 8 port 2.5Gb PoE switch which I am managing by CLI and the switches WebGUI. I am trying to config the port correct in order to give it an IP on one specific VLAN but still managed on the Omada Controller. How would I go about doing this with the switches GUI or CLI? 

I have vlan 201-206 on the switch, and 205 is the vlan I want the AP getting an IP from, my controller is on vlan 206 and the switches native vlan is 202. I keep getting an IP on the AP from 202 and when I change the management vlan on the AP within the controller to 205, I just lose access to it overall and need to reset it. 

How do I properly set up the port to trunk all the vlans over and get an IP from the 205 vlan?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Switchport Config for EAPs
2021-10-01 22:39:37 - last edited 2021-10-01 22:41:15

@ccigas 

You need to configure the native vlan on the port your EAP is connected to as vlan 205, so configure the port as untagged in vlan205.

You do the same using the controller as a port profile with vlan 205 as untagged in that profile, I would create a new profile called "eaps" or what ever you want to call it, set the options and then apply it to the port the eap is connected to.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 317

Replies: 1

Related Articles