Please help me to understand how omada SDN works

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-20 10:54:44
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.9.1 Build 20210721 Rel.39263

Hi all,

sorry for my bad english in first!

I’m new omada SDN user, and I need help to understand how the system works.

My environment is:

OC200 1.0 (firmware version 1.9.1 Build 20210721 Rel.39263, controller version 4.4.4);

TL-R605 v1.0 (firmware version 1.1.1 Build 20210723 Rel.64608);

TL-SG2008P v1.0 (firmware version 1.0.2 Build 20210806 Rel.55686);

EAP265 HD(EU) v1.0 (firmware version 5.0.3 Build 20210604 Rel. 51934).

Network topology is:

FFTH 1000/300Mbps -> R605 -> SG2008P -> EAP265

|-> OC200

I’ve created N network interface (I will describe only few in this scenario):

“Client” – Interface - 10.10.101.1/24 (VLAN 101);

“Device” – Interface - 10.10.5.1/24 (VLAN 5);

“Guest” – Interface - 10.10.200.1/24 (VLAN 200);

“Network” – Interface - 10.10.2.1/24 (VLAN 2)  <-this subnet is used for all the network environment previously described.

Each of this interface has DHCP enabled and DHCP range defined.

The system automatically creates a port profile for each interface:

“Client”: native network Client, Tagged network Client, untagged network Client;

“Device”: native network Device, Tagged network Device, untagged network Device;

“Guest”: native network Guest, Tagged network Guest, untagged network Guest;

“Network”: native network Network, Tagged network Network, untagged network Network;

“ALL”: native network Network, Tagged network All, untagged network Network;

“DISABLE”: native network None, Tagged network Network, untagged network Network;

I’ve defined 2 WLAN:

SSID1 – VLAN 101;

SSID2 – VLAN 200 – guest network.

The AP is connected to a switch port with “ALL” profile defined.

OK, let’s start with my problem:

If I connect a host to a switch gigabit interface(with port profile “ALL”), I can set the DHCP fixed IP setting for each network without problem (eg. I connect a TV to switch port and set fixed IP 10.10.5.151 on “Device” network).

But I can’t get the same on a host connected to SSID1 WLAN

(eg:I connect a vacuum cleaner robot to SSID1 WLAN and set fixed IP 10.10.5.152, but the robot always get an ip address in “Client” network (in the VLAN assigned to WLAN so).

Same happens with a wifi smart plug.

I think that I’ve not fully understand how the system works, and I would very appreciate if someone can explain me how to obtain a fixed IP address in desidered network for a wireless host!

Thanks in advice,

S.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Please help me to understand how omada SDN works
2021-10-22 10:02:42

Dear @Gersio,

Gersio wrote

OK, let’s start with my problem:

If I connect a host to a switch gigabit interface(with port profile “ALL”), I can set the DHCP fixed IP setting for each network without problem (eg. I connect a TV to switch port and set fixed IP 10.10.5.151 on “Device” network).

But I can’t get the same on a host connected to SSID1 WLAN

(eg:I connect a vacuum cleaner robot to SSID1 WLAN and set fixed IP 10.10.5.152, but the robot always get an ip address in “Client” network (in the VLAN assigned to WLAN so).

Same happens with a wifi smart plug.

The gateway will give the client a permanent DHCP release time after the fixed IP address is set.

When you set the DHCP Fixed IP settings for the wireless clients (vacuum cleaner robot or wifi smart plug), please ensure that the fixed IP address is in the DHCP pool range, if it is, please try rebooting the wireless clients and see if it helps.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-10-22 10:16:29

Hi @Fae ,

Tnx for you reply!

yes the address that i reserve for the vacuum or for smart plug is in dhcp range, and i've checked that the IP is not duplicated!

I've already rebooted client AP and Gateway,but the two device still receiving an IP address of "CLIENT" network.

I don't know if this can be related with my problem, but the vacuum and the smart plug gain the connection to my network trough their app installed on my phone ( attested in "CLIENT" network)

The same happen with my avr (this have a companion app too).

i think i've done some wrong configuration in port profile setting, maybe the tagged and untagged network are not configured properly!

Options
2021-11-02 14:11:22
Options