Omada Controller Port Forwarding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-06 11:09:58 - last edited 2021-11-06 14:45:32
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

I have a very weird problem with port forwarding (virtual server), which worked on the ER605 directly before, but not anymore when managed through the Omada Controller software.

Currently I'm trying to forward the ports 80, 443 and 6667, but the HTTP and HTTPS ports are not being forwarded to the outside. They work however from inside the network, when I access my external IP.

Here is a screenshot of the NAT/Port Forwarding setup:

And here is what the port scanner says:

Things I've tried:

• restart the ER605 router
  • restart the Omada Controller
  • recreate the NAT rules in the Omada Controller
  • turn off the ALG checkboxes as per another forum post here
  • force provision of the router

Any ideas?

Thanks and BR!

Options
7 Reply
Re:Omada Controller Port Forwarding
2021-11-06 20:43:52

@mriegler 

Just thinking out loud... do you have a router between the ER605 nad the WAN?   Some ISP router for example

If so have you port forwarded the traffic on it to the ER605?

Options
2021-11-06 21:48:35

@Philbert I get where you're coming from, but no - the ER605 is directly connected to the fiber line with pppoe.

And like I said it worked before when configured on the ER605, but apparently it has some quirks when setting up from the Omada Controller.

Hmmm!

Options
2021-11-09 01:53:45

@mriegler 

What about turning off the firewall?
BTW, another way of thinking, it may be that there is the restriction on the ISP's side, you can ask for advice.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-11-09 05:25:22

@Virgo 

When configured directly on the ER605 as "Virtual Server" the port forwardings work. Now when configured through the Omada Controller, only 1 of my 3 port forwardings work.

To me it looks like something is preventing port 80 and 443 to be forwarded. It's either in the Omada Controller software itself or how the Omada Controller configures the port forwardings on the ER605.

Options
2021-11-10 17:09:35

@mriegler 

Well the problem appears to be the two ports associated to that other specific IP.

Is the firewall turned off on that virtual server? no idea what os etc you have but if it's win10 make sure its not set to a "public" network which can happen sometimes when swapping cables around. weirder things have happened and eluded the best of us lol.

Options
2021-11-23 21:05:58

@mriegler 

Hi There, I'v had similar issues like you have. Some of the ports were working some of them now.

Debug with all firewall, attack prevention, fllods ,detections are turned off.

In my case 443 was working correclty but other NAT-ed service port to same server not....

I'v got success in standalone mode, so my assumption was that there are issues in Omada - somehow.

Than I re-adopted ER605 and it started to work.... no clue what happened.

Options
2022-01-10 16:07:47

@mriegler 

Anyone find a resolution yet? I added 5 ports to be forwarded but only 1 works. 

Options