EAPs frequently readopting and provisioning after batch firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-19 09:50:47 - last edited 2021-11-22 03:15:12
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.3

Hi

I am using Omada software controller 5.0.15 with several hardwired 225(v3), 245(v3) and 115(v4) EAPs. Most of the EAPs and the software controller are connected to UPSs to negate any power supply challenges in our context (a rural hospital with unreliable power supply). This morning I batch upgraded the firmware on all EAPs and subsequently the 225 and 245 EAPs are readopting and provisioning every 5-10 minutes or so, at random. There is no event logged that the EAPs are ever disconnected, they just readopting and provision, disconnecting all clients in the process. No other changes to the network have been made.

Any ideas? Is this a known issue with the latest firmware? Would downgrading the firmware to the previous verson be beneficial?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAPs frequently readopting and provisioning after batch firmware upgrade-Solution
2021-11-19 10:41:07 - last edited 2021-11-22 03:15:12

I think I solved it myself, but this may help others:

All my EAP225s are connected through the second ethernet port on EAP245s. The latest firmware through Omada Software Controller was 5.0.3 on the 245s, but looking at the website, this firware version had a bug where certain wifi clients would automatically restart the device. This obviously disconnected the 225s as well. I was able to download a later firware version for the 245 (5.0.4) which wasn't showing up through the controller and manually update, and all is back to being solid as a rock.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:EAPs frequently readopting and provisioning after batch firmware upgrade-Solution
2021-11-19 10:41:07 - last edited 2021-11-22 03:15:12

I think I solved it myself, but this may help others:

All my EAP225s are connected through the second ethernet port on EAP245s. The latest firmware through Omada Software Controller was 5.0.3 on the 245s, but looking at the website, this firware version had a bug where certain wifi clients would automatically restart the device. This obviously disconnected the 225s as well. I was able to download a later firware version for the 245 (5.0.4) which wasn't showing up through the controller and manually update, and all is back to being solid as a rock.

Recommended Solution
Options