This Article Applies to:
ER605(UN)_V1_1.1.1_Build 20210723 or above firmware
ER7206(UN)_V1_1.1.1_Build 20210723 or above firmware
Recently we received feedback that when ER7206/ER605 v1 is used with the Modem Router and Media Receiver provided by Telecom Germany, with IGMPv3 proxy enabled (required by ISP), the IPTV screen will freeze after a normal playback for 10-15 seconds, and error message appears that the bandwidth is not enough.
Telecom Modem Router -ER7206/ER605 with IGMPv3 proxy enabled -Telecom Media Receiver
As a temporary solution, you may install the Beta firmware below to fix the issue.
ER605_V1_1.1.1_Build 20211104 (Beta) ER7206_V1_1.1.1_Build 20211110 (Beta)
Updated on 10 January 2022:
Based on the beta firmware above, the new beta below enables the IGMP V3 by default to solve the problem that switching between IGMP V2 and V3 takes a long time (about 400s).
Note: Please be sure you have read the Beta Test Agreement before proceeding!
Please follow the Upgrade Process below to install the Beta firmware:
1. Enable the IGMP V3 Proxy on ER605/ER7206. 2. Disconnect all other LAN devices, except for the PC that is used to access the web UI of ER605/ER7206. 3. Do NOT run any IGMP related programs such as streaming on this PC, login the ER605/ER7206 and upgrade the beta firmware. 4. After the upgrade completed (ER605/ER7206 will reboot automatically), wait for 10 minutes before you do further operations. 5. Connect Media Receiver and other devices back to ER605/ER7206. 6. Start the TV and enjoy it!
1. Enable the IGMP V3 Proxy on ER605/ER7206 before you upgrade the new beta firmware.
2. Upgrade the new beta firmware on the ER605/ER7206.
3. Start the TV and enjoy it!
Thank you for your attention!
If this was helpful, click the thumbs-up (Kudos) button below.
If this solved your issue, I'd encourage you to comment below, so others can benefit from that.
However, if this solution doesn’t work for you, please also comment and provide the information below.
1. The ISP information and your region.
2. The info of your front-end modem:
brand & model number, and operation mode (it’s in bridge mode or modem router mode).
Thank you for your great cooperation and patience!
TP-Link Support Team