New Arrival EAP615-Wall, the first Omada Wall Plate Wi-Fi 6 Access Point.
We’re excited to announce the official launch of EAP615-Wall here!
EAP615-Wall is the first Omada Wall Plate Wi-Fi 6 Access Point and adds new features such as Fast Roaming (aka Seamless Roaming) and WPA3 encryption. Let's read on to learn more about this new product!
1. Product Overview
- Superior Wi-Fi 6 Speeds:
Simultaneous 574 Mbps on 2.4 GHz and 1201 Mbps on 5 GHz totals 1775 Mbps Wi-Fi speeds.*
- High-Performance connection:
Guarantee higher network efficiency and lower latency (Fast Roaming).
- Four Gigabit Ethernet ports:
1 x Uplink port, 3 x Downlink ports (one downlink port supports PoE pass-through to provide power for a wired device.**)
- Centralized Management:
Integrates into Omada SDN for cloud access and remote management.
- Secure Guest Network:
Support multiple authentication options (Facebook/Voucher/SMS, etc.) and rich wireless security technology (WPA-3).
- Easy Installation and PoE Support:
Easy-to-install design, compatible with 86 mm & EU & US standard junction box, and 802.3af/at PoE support.
*The Wi-Fi speeds here are the maximum physical rates derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications.
**PoE pass-through (aka PoE Out feature) requires 802.3at (PoE+) power input. Read on to get more details.
2. Highlight Features
(1) Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)
- EAP615-wall adopts the latest 802.11ax technology and supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands. The wireless speed of 2.4GHz can reach up to 574Mbps, and the wireless speed of 5GHz can reach up to 1201Mbps.
- Using 1024-QAM, each symbol transmits 10 bits of data (2^10=1024). Compared with 802.11ac 256-QAM (2^8=256), it is increased by 25% from 8 to 10, which means a single space Streaming data throughput increased by 25%.
- The Wi-Fi 6 standard uses OFDMA to improve channel efficiency and reduce latency which can significantly increase the upload and download rate.
(2) Fast Roaming (aka Seamless Roaming)
- EAP615-Wall adds support to 802.11k and 802.11v Fast Roaming (aka Seamless Roaming), which allows the Wi-Fi clients switch their connection from one AP to another quickly to obtain a stronger Wi-Fi signal, improving the Wi-Fi experience.
- The Fast Roaming function requires Omada SDN Controller to keep running. Please refer to the User Guides of Omada SDN controllers for configuration method.
(3) PoE OUT (PoE pass-through)
- EAP615-wall is equipped with 3 x 10/100/1000Mbps downstream Ethernet ports, one of which supports PoE OUT feature.
- PoE OUT means that EAP615-Wall can transmit data and supply power to the device connected to its PoE OUT port (ETH3).
- To use the PoE OUT function, EAP615-Wall itself must be powered up by 802.3at PoE+ standard.
- The maximum power output for POE OUT port is 13 W (EU version) or 12 W (US version), based on laboratory testing.
3. Management methods and typical application scenarios
(1) Various Management Methods
- Standalone mode allows an independent management of EAP, which is suitable for a small-scale network with only basic functions required.
- Controller mode allows centralized management of EAP by the Omada SDN Controller, which is suitable for a medium/large-scale network with more advanced functions such as portal and fast roaming required. Compared to Standalone mode, more advanced configuration options are available in Controller mode.
(2) Typical application scenarios
- EAP615-Wall is more suitable for high-density application scenarios such as hotels, dormitories, and classrooms.
- EAP615-Wall is suitable for the application scenarios where require both wireless and wired connection at one place concurrently.
- EAP615-Wall is suitable for the application scenarios where require supplying power without additional cables to some powered devices such as VOIP phones, IP Cameras, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What should I know before using the PoE OUT function?
- To use this function, EAP615-Wall must be powered by standard 802.3at (PoE+) PSE (Power Source Equipment).
- Only the ETH3 port supports the PoE OUT function, the other 2 Ethernet ports do not support this function.
- The power consumption of the PD(Powered Device) connected to the PoE OUT port should be less than 13W (EU) or 12W (US).
- The output voltage of the PoE OUT function will drop by a few volts following the input voltage, but it can power most 802.3af PD.
- The PoE OUT function is disabled by default, we need to enable it from its management page to use this function.
(1) PoE OUT function is not a standard PoE OUT, which means that it will directly output at the maximum power without a negotiation process when powering the PD.
(2) DO NOT enable the PoE OUT function if the output power of the PoE OUT port is larger than the required power of your PD, otherwise, it may cause damage to the PD.
Q2: What kind of wall junction box does EAP615-Wall support?
Same as the EAP235-Wall, EAP615-Wall is compatible with 86 mm & EU & US standard junction box.
Q3: What is the particularity about the installation position of the panel AP?
During the transmission of wireless signals, different degrees of loss will occur due to the presence of air, metal and other media. Through actual measurement, we have learned that the impact of common obstructions on wireless is very obvious, and it often fails to meet our expectations for wireless network speed, and may even affect normal use.
- For some movable shelters, such as cartons, lockers, coffee tables, etc., move the items to other places to reduce the shelter of the AP as much as possible.
- For wall-mounted TVs, wardrobes and other immovable obstructions, you can lead out and extend the AP's network cable, and fix it externally in an unobstructed place.