EAP610 constantly "failed to readopt automatically" and has "heartbeat missed"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-29 21:17:03
Model: EAP610  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

On my omada controller I am constantly presented with an alert stating my EAP610 failed to readopt automatically and there's a heartbeat missed in the device manager. The weird thing is the AP appears to work just fine and the status is often connected. I'm trying to understand what's causing it and how can resolve it because seeing 100 alerts in my controller is a bit unnerving. A screenshot of the alert log is below.

My network arrangement is as such:

Router: Edgerouter X

Switch 1: Qnap QSWM408-4C

Switch 2 (connected to QNAP switch): TP-Link TL-SG2210P v3.2

APs: 1x EAP610 and 1x EAP235-Wall

Controller: Docker container running on a Synology DS1621+

Thanks for any help.

Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP610 constantly "failed to readopt automatically" and has "heartbeat missed"
2021-12-30 06:40:01

@TrungH 

For this kind of issue, I think you can refer to this article.

I don't know you current controller's version yet, is it 5.0.29?  You can try to disable the AI roaming(If you enable this already).

Right here:

See if that will work out for you.

Options
Re:EAP610 constantly "failed to readopt automatically" and has "heartbeat missed"
2021-12-30 11:41:37

@TrungH 

I would also run a constant ping on the device and see if it drops connection when the device misses the heartbeat.   I had this last year on an install and turned out to be the cable run for some reason, no idea why but replacing it solved the issue..

Options
2021-12-31 20:28:04

Just an update, after many trials and tribulations to get the AP to readopt, it appears to have remedied my problem.

It was arduious to get to readopt though. I reset the AP but then it refused to readopted. It failed to respond to the adoption. I reset it again and logged into it to set it up prior to adopting then tried to adopt it in that state but it didn't work. Ultimately I plugged it into the wall with the provided AC adapter, connected it to my non-PoE switch, then reset it to factory again and that wound up working. Plugged it back into my PoE switch and everything seems to be working smoothly now (at least for the last 24 hours.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2430

Replies: 3

Related Articles