CPE710 How to use to bridge 2 subnets.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-05 14:54:32 - last edited 2022-01-07 05:38:10
Model: CPE710  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.2.1 20201208

My PharOS version does not have "Bridge" as a mode.  I understand I can use "Access Point" and "Client" to use a pair of CPE710's for 1 subnet.  I am replacing an older wireless bridge with my set of CPE710's.  I have multiple subnets being passed through the bridge between two different buildings.  How do I configure my CPE710's so I can use them for multiple different subnets, as if they are a bridge for all packets?

Is there a version of the PharOS firmware that still supports "Bridge" mode like in your older units?  If not, do you plan to add that functionality back in?

Thanks!

Bill VH

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:CPE710 How to use to bridge 2 subnets.-Solution
2022-01-06 08:07:16 - last edited 2022-01-07 05:38:10

Dear @BillVH ,

BillVH wrote

My PharOS version does not have "Bridge" as a mode.  I understand I can use "Access Point" and "Client" to use a pair of CPE710's for 1 subnet.  I am replacing an older wireless bridge with my set of CPE710's.  I have multiple subnets being passed through the bridge between two different buildings.  How do I configure my CPE710's so I can use them for multiple different subnets, as if they are a bridge for all packets?

In fact the CPE710 equipped with the directional antenna, with an antenna width of less than 10°, and is not suitable for bridge extension wireless alone.
And two CPEs do the point-to-point setup topology (AP+Client) can pass through VLANs even though multiple subnets.
Just need to note that the CPE does not set Multiple-SSID.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:CPE710 How to use to bridge 2 subnets.-Solution
2022-01-06 08:07:16 - last edited 2022-01-07 05:38:10

Dear @BillVH ,

BillVH wrote

In fact the CPE710 equipped with the directional antenna, with an antenna width of less than 10°, and is not suitable for bridge extension wireless alone.
And two CPEs do the point-to-point setup topology (AP+Client) can pass through VLANs even though multiple subnets.
Just need to note that the CPE does not set Multiple-SSID.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 768

Replies: 1