Help installing rtsp camera to NVR1008h

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-06 14:41:06
Model: VIGI NVR1008  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I'm struggling to work out how to input the rtsp stream information into the NVR1008H interface. It suggests that the resource path should merely be the Stream number but where does the full URL get entered. Works fine on VLC. It is a Samsung snh-p6410.

Thanks in advance.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Help installing rtsp camera to NVR1008h
2022-01-07 09:06:37

Dear @Crazy-C ,

Crazy-C wrote

I'm struggling to work out how to input the rtsp stream information into the NVR1008H interface. It suggests that the resource path should merely be the Stream number but where does the full URL get entered. Works fine on VLC. It is a Samsung snh-p6410.

You can try going to the page and clicking Add manually and selecting RTSP, and type in the IP address and account as shown below:

Best Regards!

Options
2022-01-07 09:54:01

@Hank21 

Thanks for your reply. I've tried that to no avail. I think it has something to do with the rtsp URL on the manage RTSP page but I can't seem to find a string that works.

Options
2022-01-10 06:53:57

Dear @Crazy-C

This device doesn't support adding directly through the url, can you send us the url you used to add on VLC?

Please note: When adding to the NVR, make sure that the parameters you fill in are the same as the information in the url.
Can you check if you can ping the IP address of the camera on the NVR?

Best Regards!

Options
2022-01-10 09:04:46

@Crazy-C 

rtsp:/admin:password@ipaddress/profile5/media.smb is what works on VLC and also on my QNAP NAS. I bought the NVR because the NAS, although doing a grand job at recording the footage, had permanent disk activity. I wanted to avoid this as NAS's aren't really for this purpose.

If you look at the "Manage RTSP" menu there is an entry that looks like it could be for the URL but I'm starting to think this isn't the case.

There doesn't seem to be any communication issue with the camera as it displays it when you select add camera. I think its more of a protocol issue. It pops up defaulting to onvif but from what I gather, Samsung disabled onvif for some reason many years ago with a firmware update.

Options
2022-01-11 09:13:15

Dear @Crazy-C ,

If you can use onvif to add, it is suggestion to use it to add.

If you can not, please try to click Manage RTSP, and note in the Resource path only type in profile5/media.smb to have a try like below.

Best Regards!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1274

Replies: 5