Canadian Firmware for EAP245 v5.0.4?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-11 14:58:49 - last edited 2022-01-12 00:54:54
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.0.3

Am I the only one frustrated and considering returning 3x of my access points back to Amazon while I still can because TP-Link shows no interest in pushing updates to those of us who bought a unit that is locked down with CA firmware?

Had enough they lock it down so I can't flash US firmware on it but now it's been over 2 months and they still haven't pushed 5.0.4 to the CA version.

Makes me think it's not a proiority and in the future they'll drop updates altogether for the CA version.

How long will it take for us to get the update and is there a good reason for this delay?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Canadian Firmware for EAP245 v5.0.4?
2022-04-05 04:59:54

I totally agree! I just bought an EAP245 and it already had a Canadian firmware, so I have to use a Canadian firmware version to update it.

The last update for the US firmware was version 5.0.4 released in November 2022, but the CA version is stuck at 5.0.3 released in August 2021.

Why aren't the Canadian devices getting updates at the same time as the US devices? When will the latest firmware version be released for the Canadian version?

This is unacceptable to be five months behind in firmware updates, and without valid answers I expect I'll be returning mine. It's too bad because it seems like such a great device.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 403

Replies: 1

Related Articles