Omada Controller (Software & OC200) - Cannot Log In (Request Timed Out)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-12 16:45:13
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest

I am at my wit's end. I was running the Omada controller software in docker on a Raspberry Pi and everything was working fine. Then after making no changes, I was unable to log in (Request Timed Out).

I cleared the data, then restored. A backup and it worked. Then the same thing happened. I would have to repeat that process every day or two.

I decided to get an OC200 to solve my problems. It worked fine for a couple of days. But, lo and behold, I am now getting the same error and cannot log in. I am in the process of resetting and restoring a backup.

What is causing this??? I am ready to throw everything out. This is beyond frustrating.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Omada Controller (Software & OC200) - Cannot Log In (Request Timed Out)
2022-01-12 18:59:51

@BerryBoy 

How are you logging into this, is it via the Cloud or direct to IP?   Also what account type (Local or TP Account)..

Also if you can tell us what version of SDN you are running that would help

Thanks

Options
2022-01-12 19:08:13

@Philbert It is bound to my TP-Link account.

I attempted to log in via web browser from a computer on my LAN, and also from the Omada app on my phone, through both Local and Cloud access.

Any attempt to log in via any method just times out and fails.

And as for my controller:

Model: OC200 1.0

Firmware Version: 1.14.2 Build 20211215 Rel.61111

Options
2022-01-12 19:14:14

@BerryBoy 

When you say you are using hte browser, is this to the IP address of the controller (192.168.x.x) or via the cloud portal?  Can you log into the URL below using your Cloud Account? 

https://omada.tplinkcloud.com

That is the cloud portal for your TP Link account and shouldn't be affected by the controller at all.. if you can get into it can you see the controller available and what is its status? (online / offline etc).  Can you access the controller from there?

If you cant get into that, then it sounds like your cloud account and not specifically the controller. 

Options
2022-01-12 19:56:19

@Philbert When I tried from my browser on my desktop PC, I was connecting directly to the IP of my controller. The login page comes up, but it just fails with "Request Timed Out" when I hit the login button.

I tried logging in from the cloud on my phone with the Omada app (the controller showed up as online) but it just timed out as well. Connecting through the Omada app on my phone using a direct local connection via IP timed out on login as well.

In short, the controller and everything is online, I can access the login pages, but it times out when I try to log in, no matter where from. Happened on the software controller running on a Raspberry Pi, and also on the OC200 hardware controller.

It is working now again after I did a factory reset and restore of the latest autobackup. I assume it will lock me out in a day or 2 as happened in the past with the software controller, but this is the first time it happened on the OC200, so I'll see how long it lasts.

Options
2022-01-12 20:50:06

@BerryBoy 

Hey

It is a rather strange one, cant say I have ever come across that before.   As you say hopefully it will sort itself!

Any VLANs or ACLs in play here?

Options
2022-01-13 04:00:29 - last edited 2022-01-13 04:05:32

Dear @BerryBoy,

BerryBoy wrote

@Philbert When I tried from my browser on my desktop PC, I was connecting directly to the IP of my controller. The login page comes up, but it just fails with "Request Timed Out" when I hit the login button.

I tried logging in from the cloud on my phone with the Omada app (the controller showed up as online) but it just timed out as well. Connecting through the Omada app on my phone using a direct local connection via IP timed out on login as well.

In short, the controller and everything is online, I can access the login pages, but it times out when I try to log in, no matter where from. Happened on the software controller running on a Raspberry Pi, and also on the OC200 hardware controller.

To understand what is going on there, could you please take some screenshots to show the error next time when the issue occurs again?

By the way, is your OC200 configured with DHCP or Static IP?

Are you able to ping the IP of your Controller when the issue occurs?

Did you try other different browsers? How about if you log in the controller from the browser in incognito mode?

It is working now again after I did a factory reset and restore of the latest autobackup. I assume it will lock me out in a day or 2 as happened in the past with the software controller, but this is the first time it happened on the OC200, so I'll see how long it lasts.

The Log should record something when the issue occurs, if you haven't uninstalled your Linux Controller after the issue last occurs, please find the Log file for analysis.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-01-13 04:29:19

@Fae The OC200 gets its IP address via DHCP, but it has a reserved address (when I was running it on my Raspberry Pi it had a static IP).

When the login issue occurs, the device is still online, I can ping it, and it shows as online in the Omada app (both local and cloud).

I tried different browsers, different devices, normal, incognito, local and cloud login, and nothing worked.

If it happens again I'll get a screenshot, but in the desktop browser, after hitting the login button, a few seconds would elapse, and then a text box in the browser (not an external popup, just like a toast notification) with a red X said something along the lines of Request Timed Out. Attempting to login from the Omada app would just spin for a bit and then nothing. No messages, no errors, it just wouldn't log in.

I'll get my Pi out and check the logs tomorrow, but I didn't recall seeing anything, except maybe a login failed message.

Options
2022-04-17 17:17:22

@BerryBoy i have exactly the same Problem you described (timeout message after login button), is there already a solution?

Options
2022-07-16 01:34:33

@Prawolf literally same issue.

Brand new TP-Link omada setup, top to bottom- Er605 router, oc200 controller, tl-sg2210mp network switch, ac1200-outdoor AP.

Some devices on wifi work, desktop flat out does not do anything but resolve DNS, and local devices on the network. From my desktop, if I try to access the controller via 192.168.1.101 with my admin credentials (both cloud and the standalone credentials) it says the credentials are either wrong, the controller got rebooted, or cloud access isn't enabled and punts be back to login.

None of those are true, uptime is consistent, I can hit it from the app on a different device just fine and log in, I can also log in from the tplink website.

This is a TERRIBLE experience, I had bought this Omada setup for a friend, and I have a full Unifi setup sitting right next to it-- I'm about to return it all and just buy another Unifi.

If anyone from TP link is reading this: Omada hardly seems ready for prime time, you either need to get your support team together or stop touting this as business class.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1639

Replies: 9

Related Articles