Omada Software Controller V5 link missing in support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-27 17:40:05
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently purchased an ER605 router, an SG2008P switch, and a few EAP660's for a small deployment as a first time TP-Link Business customer. My intention was to use the Software Controller from a small Linux server, but the only link to a Controller download is the v4, which does not mitigate the recent log4j vulnerability. The v5 is the default in the drop down list, but only has the discovery tool. Even the Windows version is missing.

I did find a link in the forums to an v5 Linux build that seems to be lagging behind the Windows version by a few versions. Linux v5.0.30 versus Windows v5.1.7 from this thread: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/245226 Is this accurate?

Is there a static link for the latest Linux download available? Ideally, I would like to be able to automatically poll a single location occasionally for updates so my client doesn't have manually check a forum thread for an updated download link.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Omada Software Controller V5 link missing in support
2022-02-28 07:04:16

Dear @Kaius,

Kaius wrote

I recently purchased an ER605 router, an SG2008P switch, and a few EAP660's for a small deployment as a first time TP-Link Business customer. My intention was to use the Software Controller from a small Linux server, but the only link to a Controller download is the v4, which does not mitigate the recent log4j vulnerability. The v5 is the default in the drop down list, but only has the discovery tool. Even the Windows version is missing.

Thank you for your valued feedback! I've reported this feedback to the TP-Link US website for checking.

I did find a link in the forums to an v5 Linux build that seems to be lagging behind the Windows version by a few versions. Linux v5.0.30 versus Windows v5.1.7 from this thread: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/245226 Is this accurate?

Is there a static link for the latest Linux download available? Ideally, I would like to be able to automatically poll a single location occasionally for updates so my client doesn't have manually check a forum thread for an updated download link.

Usually, the Windows version will be released ahead of a few weeks or so than the Linux version.

So far, the latest Linux version is v5.0.30, and the next Linux version is v5.1.7. You can download the Linux v5.0.30 from this thread.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 475

Replies: 1