Modem shuts down when no 4G signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-03 03:47:40
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: not sure

Hi, 

I am having trouble with my TL-MR6400.

I am using it in a remote area with really poor cellphone signal. It seems to me, after powering up and not finding LTE signal, the device turns itself off. 

This did not happen in areas with good cell phone signal, it will power up and connect to the signal and work well. 

Moreover, I am using this modem to provide internet to two other devices via ethernet cables, and at the same time both devices can communicate within the same network, however, when the modem shuts down the devices cannot communicate anymore. 

Is this normal behavior? Is there a way to prevent the modem from shutting down when it doesn't find cell phone connectivity?

Thanks, 

Mauricio

Options
2 Reply
Re:Modem shuts down when no 4G signal
2022-04-08 08:44:22 - last edited 2022-04-08 08:45:00

Your MR6400 shuts down if it cannot detect a signal from the cellular network, but stays on if there's a strong cellular signal?

That does not sound normal, the router should stay powered on, even if it doesn't detect cellular signals.

Are you on the latest firmware for your MR6400?

(you can check the firmware version by going to the MR6400's admin panel; and looking at the bottom of the page, the line you're looking for should be something like this: "Firmware Version:‪1.5.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210914 Rel.59719n")

Does the router log anything into the system log when this happens?

(BTW, I'm just a user who's trying to help others)

Options
Re:Modem shuts down when no 4G signal
2022-04-18 02:26:30

@JebiMau 

Hi,

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Normally the router will still stay on when the LTE signal is weak or even no signal, please check if you are using TP-Link original power adapter and what the specification of the power adapter.

Besides, if you change to another SIM card or remove the SIM card, then power it on, will it also shut down automatically? please try different wall socket and also check if the Voltage in the remote area is stable or not, and if the device is overheating when it shuts down automatically.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 287

Replies: 2

Related Articles