EAP670v1 - lot of CPU usage and RAM, why?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-11 05:01:41
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v1.0.3

Hi,

can you tell me, why there are so many CPU spikes with EAP670v1? Comparing to other's it's quite a lot.

Or is it only an error in displaying it within Omada controller?

All EAPs with same amount of clients - only 2!

EAP670v1:

EAP610 Outdoor v1:

EAP225v3 Outdoor:

@Fae another point: I cannot select EAP670 within hardware menu in this forum - you should add this device.

Options
5 Reply
Re:EAP670v1 - lot of CPU usage and RAM, why?
2022-04-12 02:43:11

Dear @Spryde,

Spryde wrote

@Fae another point: I cannot select EAP670 within hardware menu in this forum - you should add this device.

Thank you for your valued feedback! I've added EAP670 in the list.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-04-12 02:50:55

Dear @Spryde,

Spryde wrote

can you tell me, why there are so many CPU spikes with EAP670v1? Comparing to other's it's quite a lot.

Or is it only an error in displaying it within Omada controller?

All EAPs with same amount of clients - only 2!

Are the clients connected to the EAP670 running some torrent applications compared to clients connected to other APs? Do you suffer from any poor wireless performance with EAP670?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-04-12 04:28:13

Hi  @Fae 

no. They're the same clients as with the other EAPs. 

if I change the EAP to 660, 610 or 225 at the same position (within same network and same clients) the high CPU spikes are gone!

This spikes shouldn't be there I think. And why more RAM consumption then an old EAP 225 outdoor?

But with EAP660 HD I do have the problem, that it's showing a huge amount of dropped/error RX/TX  (reported that in another Thread). 

Options
2022-04-12 08:03:28

Dear @Spryde,

Spryde wrote

no. They're the same clients as with the other EAPs. 

if I change the EAP to 660, 610 or 225 at the same position (within same network and same clients) the high CPU spikes are gone!

This spikes shouldn't be there I think. And why more RAM consumption then an old EAP 225 outdoor?

But with EAP660 HD I do have the problem, that it's showing a huge amount of dropped/error RX/TX  (reported that in another Thread). 

I'd like to escalate your case to the TP-Link support team for further investigation.

They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box later.

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and patience!

Options
2022-04-12 08:17:18

@Fae 

Appreciate your feedback.

Maybe you could also check why EAP610 Outdoor has more RAM consumption than the old EAP225v3 (mentioned in another thread).

Maybe it's only a bug within displaying it, or in firmware? Don't think, that the newer devices have less RAM then the older ones.

Thx for all your help.

I really like the Omada System coming from UniFi system. Hope to get all those small bugs/hiccups solved.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1138

Replies: 5