Trouble Accessing SSH with Password Authentication

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-17 19:54:57
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20150605 Rel.56578(s)

I purchased an unopened T1600-G V1. After following the instructions to first telnet into the box to enable ssh (which I also did through the GUI), I am unable ssh into the switch with password authentication. I prefer to use password authentication for the time being. I can confirm that the default settings are intact.

I recieve the following:

H:\>ssh admin@192.168.0.1
Unable to negotiate with 192.168.0.1 port 22: no matching key exchange method found. Their offer: diffie-hellman-group1-sha1

Any idea to how I can temporarily disable key based authentication, or simply to login via ssh password only?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Trouble Accessing SSH with Password Authentication
2022-05-19 10:32:10

@ehehron I don't think we can skip this. From tplink guide “This is because OpenSSH 7.0 (and above) disable the algorithm by default that our switches are applying. ”

But simple way to understand, is that tplink default ssh is not secured enough for your PC. 

You may refer to this guide

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 868

Replies: 1