Outdoor access point and CCTV wifi bridge

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-21 07:27:14 - last edited 2022-05-24 05:38:27
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all

I need to connect my network from my house to another building (20m - 65 ft away) supporting a PTZ surveillance camera. That one is not wifi enabled and the max bitrate is 16 Mbps. I do not want to connect the camera using ethernet. My idea is thus to build a WiFi bridge where:

- an AP would be outside the main house

- a client would be connected to the LAN connector of the camera

A good thing would be that the wifi from the AP could also be used by any device such as smartphone, ... Controlling the camera and recording the video from the main house is the main objective.

OPTION 1 - EAP 225 outdoor on the main house + CPE 710 near the camera

OPTION 2 - CPE 510 on the main house + CPE 710 near the camera

OPTION 3 - CPE 710 both sides

On the main house, the AP would be connected to the router using ethernet (POE).

What do you think ?

I'm afraid CPE 510 would not allow any other device than the 710 to connect ? Anyway, are these options correct since the camera is my priority ? 

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Outdoor access point and CCTV wifi bridge
2022-05-22 16:56:53 - last edited 2022-05-24 05:38:27

@cobaltsixty 

For all the distance you are looking to cover the CPE range IMHO is overkill!   

If I was in your position I would look at getting a second EAP225 outdoors and an OC200 to control these.    Cable AP1 into the network with the controller, setup and enable MESH in the controller.

Bring AP2 online and adopt it via Mesh (wireless), you can then have it at the camera as needed.

The mesh would allow anything (phones, laptops etc) to connect to either AP

This link might help

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2949/

Options
2022-05-24 16:05:16

@Philbert a big thanks for your answer. Let's see how it works now. Kind regards

Options
2022-05-24 22:07:40

@cobaltsixty 

Agree with a pair of EAP225's controlled by an OC200.  You can use the remote EAP225 power injector LAN port to direct wire your camera, and then allow either or both radios for client access at each end.  It's a nice solution...I use it.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 285

Replies: 3