Omada vs Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada vs Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Omada vs Deco
Omada vs Deco
2022-06-06 20:55:23 - last edited 2022-06-10 06:01:09

Why is Omada better than Deco product line?

When to go for one or the other?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada vs Deco-Solution
2022-06-07 18:48:54 - last edited 2022-06-07 23:08:31

@AvidLearner 

One is not necessarily better than the other, they are simply targeted for different audiences..

Deco is Home Grade and has the advantage of easier setup, controlled by a phone App, built in AV and Security

However its designed for home users, therefore you wont get all the advanced features, it cant be as finely tuned and likely wont have the capacity of Omada (number of devices connected at once)

Omada.. Its business grade so wont have a simple "plug and play" setup, no built in AV etc, will also require more work and some more technical knowledge to setup.  

But in comparison will likely offer a lot more customization, support for more features (VPN, VLANs etc) much-improved capacity (literally hundreds of devices, Deco wouldn't support this).  It can also be scaled and upgraded easily as your network grows.

In short.. Deco is easy to setup and forget, fine for households with 20 / 30 devices (most homes)

Omada.  More complicated to setup, but offers more customisable experience.   Much improved capacity with some APs taking hundreds of devices, likely overkill if you just want 'Better WiFi around the house'

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada vs Deco
2022-06-07 03:35:24

@AvidLearner 

cannot really say that. if i own a big house, i'd choose omada rather than deco. i need several aps for my house and get a very stable wifi. ap is the first/best choice. while omada eap supports the eap fast roaming which basically equals to deco seamless roaming. (btw, you gotta need a controller to support the eap fast roaming, refer to the support article, keywords eap mesh or eap fast roaming)

deco.. meh, i prefer to get wired if i can. as far as i know, deco is meant for small houses where people don't wanna use a wire or wire connection is not available. 

like my parents house, they got a pack of 2 deco like mesh nodes. that's enough for them. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
Re:Omada vs Deco
2022-06-07 15:20:09
Yeah, if I would go for the Deco it will be using wired backhaul anyway for most of the APs (except for one where I cannot set a cable). I see indeed the Omada as a better solution overall, but also adding complexity on the configuration?? Hence I was asking, to know why people went for one or the other. Thanks anyway!
Options
Re:Omada vs Deco-Solution
2022-06-07 18:48:54 - last edited 2022-06-07 23:08:31

@AvidLearner 

One is not necessarily better than the other, they are simply targeted for different audiences..

Deco is Home Grade and has the advantage of easier setup, controlled by a phone App, built in AV and Security

However its designed for home users, therefore you wont get all the advanced features, it cant be as finely tuned and likely wont have the capacity of Omada (number of devices connected at once)

Omada.. Its business grade so wont have a simple "plug and play" setup, no built in AV etc, will also require more work and some more technical knowledge to setup.  

But in comparison will likely offer a lot more customization, support for more features (VPN, VLANs etc) much-improved capacity (literally hundreds of devices, Deco wouldn't support this).  It can also be scaled and upgraded easily as your network grows.

In short.. Deco is easy to setup and forget, fine for households with 20 / 30 devices (most homes)

Omada.  More complicated to setup, but offers more customisable experience.   Much improved capacity with some APs taking hundreds of devices, likely overkill if you just want 'Better WiFi around the house'

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 664

Replies: 3

Related Articles