Have to change network every time when changing fixed IP on client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-13 10:05:44 - last edited 2022-06-13 10:06:47
Tags: #Bug
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.3.1

When changing an existing fixed IP address within the same subnet / network, I always get a prompt advising me that the IP range is invalid (IP not in the 192.168.0.1-254 range). This happens to all my devices outside of the 192.168.0.x range (I don't use this subnet for clients). The fix seems to be to change the network to something else, then change it back. After doing this, I can save again. Hoping this is something that can be looked into for one of the upcoming builds (running dockerized Linux software controller build 5.3.1).

Options
2 Reply
Re:Have to change network every time when changing fixed IP on client
2022-06-13 20:29:23

@YeloMelo 

It would appear to me that the range of your LAN is limited to 254 addresses (/24 subnet).  Have you changed the scope in settings > LAN to include the range you need?

In Omada you cannot set manual addresses outside the range of the LAN scope

Options
Re:Have to change network every time when changing fixed IP on client
2022-06-14 06:37:38

YeloMelo wrote

When changing an existing fixed IP address within the same subnet / network, I always get a prompt advising me that the IP range is invalid (IP not in the 192.168.0.1-254 range). This happens to all my devices outside of the 192.168.0.x range (I don't use this subnet for clients). The fix seems to be to change the network to something else, then change it back. After doing this, I can save again. Hoping this is something that can be looked into for one of the upcoming builds (running dockerized Linux software controller build 5.3.1).

Hi  @YeloMelo 

The issue has been located and planned to fix in Controller v5.4

For more details, please refer to this thread.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 285

Replies: 2

Tags

Bug