All switches Disconnected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-15 15:17:07

I’m having a hard time finding a solution with your controller. I set all the switches and access points into a custom managements vlan 76 over a month ago. Everything works great until last thursday when I added different model of access points (Eap 660hd) into the mix and suddenly all the switches shows up “disconnected”? All access points stay in the managment vlan with no issue. All devices that are attached to the switches have no issues going online.

I believe when i plugged in the eap 660hd, it causes the other switches moved back to the default managment vlan (LAN) from the custom management vlan. 

If I connect my controller to the port with 'ALL' it sees the switches with the default LAN IPs but then all the APs appears 'disconnected'. If I reconnect the controller to the port with the management vlan, all switches appear 'disconnected and all access points are apprear 'connected'.

I have school, museum, office, residents, archive office and a church that are connected to these switches. Please help

controller oc300 with the latest version

switches:

TL-SG3210XHP-M2 v1.0

TL-SG3428XMP v1.0

TL-SX3008F v1.0

Access Points

EAP610(US) v2.0

EAP620 HD(US) v3.0

EAP660 HD(US) v1.0

Abe

Options
2 Reply
Re:All switches Disconnected
2022-06-16 06:16:56 - last edited 2022-06-16 06:17:49

abelicious wrote

I’m having a hard time finding a solution with your controller. I set all the switches and access points into a custom managements vlan 76 over a month ago. Everything works great until last thursday when I added different model of access points (Eap 660hd) into the mix and suddenly all the switches shows up “disconnected”? All access points stay in the managment vlan with no issue. All devices that are attached to the switches have no issues going online.

I believe when i plugged in the eap 660hd, it causes the other switches moved back to the default managment vlan (LAN) from the custom management vlan. 

If I connect my controller to the port with 'ALL' it sees the switches with the default LAN IPs but then all the APs appears 'disconnected'. If I reconnect the controller to the port with the management vlan, all switches appear 'disconnected and all access points are apprear 'connected'.

I have school, museum, office, residents, archive office and a church that are connected to these switches. Please help

controller oc300 with the latest version

switches:

TL-SG3210XHP-M2 v1.0

TL-SG3428XMP v1.0

TL-SX3008F v1.0

Access Points

EAP610(US) v2.0

EAP620 HD(US) v3.0

EAP660 HD(US) v1.0

Abe

Hi @abelicious 

Have you checked the management VLAN settings on the controller?

There are two things we may need to concern:

1. The switch port that connects to the Controller should be in the management VLAN profile;

2. The switch/EAP should have correct management VLAN, it's on the Devices> choose the device>Config

3. Make sure there is no Access Control from EAP/Switch IP to the controller IP.

Here is an example.

Options
Re:All switches Disconnected
2022-06-16 13:42:34

@abelicious 

1. The switch port that connects to the Controller should be in the management VLAN profile;

2. The switch/EAP should have correct management VLAN, it's on the Devices> choose the device>Config

Prior to last Thursday all switches and APs were in the Management vlan profile. I followed the instructions as in the link you gave me meticulously. ONLY the Management Vlan 76 were set to Enable.

When I added the eap 660hd, the blue dot management icon on all of the switches went back to the LAN profile by itself, instead of staying put at the Management-76 as you can see in the picture below. Among the eleven switches, seven of them somehow have Lan-1 enabled by itself. Luckily these seven switches I can access when I plugged the controller to port "ALL". Perhaps I could changed it back from there... though I'm afraid what the outcome will be to all other devices that are currently connected to it like, voip, HVAC systems, credit card machine, school labs and so forth...will it crashed everything?

Now to the other four switches (picture below), the blue dot went to Lan profile but the 'enable' stays grayed. These four I can't access at all... maybe the only way is to reset them to factory default?

And for all the EAPs, the Management vlan stay as in the picture below.

Options