ER605 VERY SLOW internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605 VERY SLOW internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ER605 VERY SLOW internet
ER605 VERY SLOW internet
2022-06-20 14:07:37 - last edited 2022-06-20 14:09:16
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 build 20220512 Rel. 76748

Hello I purchased the ER605 Dual Wan router 

and have added it to the omada where i chose the update from the previous fimrware (dont remember version).

It has updated to the lates one.

Now I have issues with slow download speed of 2mbit .

I have contacted the ISP as i have their modem infornt of the router they have tested the link to the modem and its full speed no issues.

Seems some bug in the firmware is there any way to revert back or fix this? As I was planing to add my second ISP modem to the ER and 2 AP's EAP610 to this configuration but I cannot due to this problem as it will be unusable!

It is kind of critical as where this is placed in a work enviorment I need the interent to function.

As of now im using my backup only.

I have bought this router in Croatia store called Protis d.o.o.

Thank you!

Options
7 Reply
Re:ER605 VERY SLOW internet
2022-06-20 23:18:55

@Sashabencic 

check dns on wan. do you set anything else on your device? what about the wan link speed? is it 1000mbps?

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2022-06-21 05:42:27

@Tedd404 

Hi yes wan is gigabit to modem cat6a cable.. 

I managed to reveret to old firmware now I am getting the full speed...

Seems some odd bug occured?

I did try google dns and open dns with same 2mbit result.

There was nothing on the device except it was connected to the modem and I was conected with a lan cable to my laptop.

Only thing what I have done is activate the second lan as WAN as I was planing to add the second connection.

Options
2022-06-21 09:57:42

@Sashabencic If you connect a PC to the router directly via Ethernet cable, how much speed you get? 

You need to figure out the slow speed come from router to LAN, or from EAP to wireless client devices.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-06-21 14:23:22

@Sashabencic 

Hmm. if you say so. if 1.2.1 is posing a problem with your speed, there could be an issue with the firmware. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2022-07-02 22:54:33

@Sashabencic 

THIS!  THANK YOU!

I'm been tearing my hair out for the last couple of weeks. 

I use multi-wan heavily on the R605 and with the latest firmware, it goes from dealing with everything perfectly to running fine for awhile and then it goes into the weeds... then into the mud... then wanders into drying cement.  Testing each connection individually, they're all fine. 

Can you tell me which firmware you're running?  (And where you got it?  Although I guess I'm capable of googling.)

Best wishes,

John

Options
2022-07-02 23:20:28

Just reverted to 1.2.0 - so far, so good.  

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/532344

Here's hoping it remains snappy after a few hours. 

(For those wondering, it goes from a page loading in about 5 seconds to a page loading in 1-2 minutes - with broken images.  The connections I'm using (2 lte modems and starlink) individually check out peachy-keen when this is going on... but anything going thru the R605 is painfully slow. Rebooting the R605 seems to fix things momentarily - OR I can reboot one of the wan connections (which seems to take the whole router down and reinitalize the ports) and that also briefly fixes the problem. And for those thinking "well, it's whatever you unplugged" - no, I can literally unplug any of the three wan ports (not even plugging the connection back in) and once the router does its "I'm gonna go offline and then come back" bit, it's fine. Doesn't matter which connection, as long as the device resets in some way.)

This has been driving me nuts. 

Options
2022-07-03 08:20:00

@BLite 

Hi I reverted to the first I could find cant remember what it was now but ill check when I get near the router so I can tell you but seems the firmware has some odd issues well at least it seems so!

I have tripple checked the cables that they are not damaged ect. As it had happened to me before it was cables fault!

Also it did happen to me that for some reason access points where slow with 568A cabling!

But since im still waiting for 2x EAP225 i will try to update everyting and see what happens maybe it was a bad upgrade something got messed up? 

Aslo I would prefer the update on the ER605 because it supports OpenVPN as if you would check now you will see you do not have it in the dropdown list!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 4270

Replies: 7

Related Articles