Redirect traffic from a specific device to the site2site VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-21 07:15:28
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Hi,

is there a way to redirect all the traffic for a specific device through the site2site VPN created with another ER605 router?

Thank you

Options
8 Reply
Re:Redirect traffic from a specific device to the site2site VPN
2022-06-21 15:47:49

@Birillo 

what do you mean? site to site and you redirect all the trafiic to another site, and what's the ultimate goal you want to achieve?

you redirect everything to the other site and it does not route for internet. routing table would simply do a lan-lan connection. is it what you want? 

guess static routing? i don't really see a strange question like this. by default, your traffic would route to the other lan when you initiate a request. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2022-06-21 17:51:48

Hi  @Tedd404 

I have two networks in two different countries connected by a IPSec VPN site2site configured in Omada.

I want all the traffic from a specific device in network A to go through the internet connection in network B to avoid issues with the geo-location.

Is there an easy way to achieve it?

Currently, I am using a separate router in A connected to the VPN server in location B, but I assume there is an easy way to avoid extra hardware.

Thank you

Options
2022-06-21 18:38:13

@Birillo 

did you try static routing?

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2022-06-22 04:46:51

@Birillo You can try Policy Routing. But under my test it only works on L2TP/PPTP VPN connection.

Currently I don't use VPN but here is the screenshot

Options
2022-06-22 13:30:22

@Tedd404 With static routing I have to select the network that I want to route. In my case it is all the traffic but from a specific source

Options
2022-06-22 13:33:33 - last edited 2022-06-22 13:34:46

Hi @Somnus ,

the only issue is that I have already an IPSec VPN active to the same location. So Omada does not allow me to create a second VPN to the same server also if with a different VPN type.
What I could try is to use a different domain name pointing to the same public IP. But what about the Remote Subnet addresses that I need to configure? Something random?

Thanks

Options
2022-06-23 08:31:01

@Birillo You can try 0.0.0.0/0

In tplink router this IP stands for "Any IP".

Options
2022-06-24 00:43:05

@Somnus 

Is policy routing on VPN available now?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1070

Replies: 8

Related Articles