How to unlink a mesh AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to unlink a mesh AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
How to unlink a mesh AP
How to unlink a mesh AP
2022-06-28 11:14:17 - last edited 2022-06-29 03:11:10
Tags: #Mesh
Model: EAP660 HD  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

may i ask a question about clear the mesh uplink connection. I got about 100+ APs in an Omada on-Premise Environment.

Is there a way to unlink a wireless mesh connection?

I can't find it in the omada controller, whether on the Mesh-AP nor at the Root-AP. The only way i think about, is to reset the AP. But in this case the complete configuration, IP settings, Name and so on is also cleared.

Best regards

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to unlink a mesh AP-Solution
2022-06-28 22:31:35 - last edited 2022-06-29 03:11:10

@TSK-IT 

Un-Meshing can be done if you cable the AP into the LAN, when controller detects a LAN connection it should remove the mesh in favour of the cable connection.

Outside that the only other way is to forget / un-adopt the device from the controller or reset it as you say.  Either way will remove the configuration, it will however reconfigure if you re-adopt it

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:How to unlink a mesh AP-Solution
2022-06-28 22:31:35 - last edited 2022-06-29 03:11:10

@TSK-IT 

Un-Meshing can be done if you cable the AP into the LAN, when controller detects a LAN connection it should remove the mesh in favour of the cable connection.

Outside that the only other way is to forget / un-adopt the device from the controller or reset it as you say.  Either way will remove the configuration, it will however reconfigure if you re-adopt it

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How to unlink a mesh AP
2022-07-24 09:01:11

@Philbert - i tried still comes back as mesh not ap 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1508

Replies: 2

Tags